What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leather Book style cases

iGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations - on a budget for a REAL LEATHER portfolio type case.

The problem is -

There are 1,000,000,000,000,000 sellers of cases for iPad.

99% of them are LIARS and advertise leather when it is not. It's fake leather from China and you won't be sending it back - so you're hosed.

The other 1% seems to sell for $50-$300 for a case. Pretty costly for two square feet of material.

So here I am asking if anyone found a real leather case that functions well - doesn't obscure any part of the screen or connectors - and looks really nice/high end. I'm using the iPad as a client presentation tool so impressions are important, and ideally it would be soft and luxurious looking and feeling.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So you're looking for a "real leather" "really nice/high end" "soft and luxurious looking and feeling" case and you feel that $50 is too much to pay, right?

Good luck.

But while I have doubts it will satisfy your requirements, you might consider the case from Bear Motion. I've dealt with them and can testify that they will jump through hoops to satisfy a customer. If you aren't satisfied, you can return it for a full refund, including shipping costs.

Amazon.com: Bear Motion (TM) 100% Genuine Leather Case for iPad 2 2nd Generation Folio with 3-in-1 built-in Stand for Apple iPad 2 (Latest Generation) Tablet [Leather case enclosed in blue sleeve]: Electronics

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I found a leather case by Sena at retailer Tuesday Morning at a great discount.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations - on a budget for a REAL LEATHER portfolio type case.

The problem is -

There are 1,000,000,000,000,000 sellers of cases for iPad.

99% of them are LIARS and advertise leather when it is not. It's fake leather from China and you won't be sending it back - so you're hosed.

The other 1% seems to sell for $50-$300 for a case. Pretty costly for two square feet of material.

So here I am asking if anyone found a real leather case that functions well - doesn't obscure any part of the screen or connectors - and looks really nice/high end. I'm using the iPad as a client presentation tool so impressions are important, and ideally it would be soft and luxurious looking and feeling.
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the search feature (in the toolbar at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information linked below my signature to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum.

Welcome again and enjoy!

OP
iGirl

iGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, yes I've searched a bit and if something special came along I would pay a bit more, but the designs and materials many sellers use, are getting a lot of marginal reviews. Bear Motion does seem to have many different ones out there... No Tuesday Morning store locally, though that would be a real one time only change to find one there.

I like the way this one only clips to the edges - that might be really nice. (The one my husband has covers all the way to the active area of the screen - making the display look smaller and claustrophobic.)
Pyrus Electronics Genuine Leather Stand/Case for Apple iPad 1 - it's sold by Bear Motion but not sure they make it?

Not very soft, though functional. Complaints about a bad smell! Hmmm

d4k007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a iPad 2 case from maplins which is real leather portfolio type, excellent value at £24:99.

Only thing that I have found is the fit is not the best, hoping like new shoes it'll were in.

Danitop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iGirl, you are limiting your options with a budget of max $ 50, but the Mivizu Sense case would be a good choice at $ 29.95. Check it out at Amazon. Real leather, complete protection, nice soft pad on the back. The fit is not 100% true, but it's good enough for the price.

cutnstuf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Real leather comes from a dead animal. Use a cover made from synthetics and it's production probably caused some pollution. Pick your poison.

Cut

leftdawg28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried looking on Etsy? I've seen a few that have been amazing. Let me do some research and post some finds in a bit.

leftdawg28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just spoke to my cousin and she bought her Ipad from Joe V. Leather on Etsy. She has the Ouija Board Design. Real leather. Reasonable prices. Worth a look. View Designer Ipad Cases by joevleather on Etsy

il_570xN.271061954.jpg

il_570xN.271062052.jpg

il_570xN.271047552.jpg

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks all - I think I've found one I like - or at least can try on for a while and then decide if I want to go from $50 to $100 on one! :ipad-case:

Targus-Zierra-Leather-Portfolio

Nice specs. Good looking case. BTW, most of us assumed you were looking for a case for an iPad 2. The one you've cited is for the original iPad. Hope that's what you're looking for.

OP
iGirl

iGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Those are some really unique designs on Etsy! Nice.

Yes I was looking for the iPad1 case - they are getting fewer and fewer now as everyone is pushing the iPad2. I held off on getting the "2" since the "3" seems to be coming soon - maybe early next year? I got a "1" at a real good price ($350 w/32gb/WiFi/3G) so I can easily resell when it's time to jump to the 3.

zaccolbert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm also thinking about getting a leather case, however I travel a lot with work and am wondering if leather casing will be robust enough, or if i should go for less style but more protection, what do you guys think?

Most reactions

Latest posts