What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My email was hacked into:(

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A year ago i was hacked with them takeing about 10 gbs of personal project that i was working on at the time it was taken off my laptop at a business conference we where attending ...they went in through the email account of my laptop and other person Emails accounts at the time we where on a public Wifi at the hotel ..the got my new custom house plans and blueprints with CaD drawing of the custom house floor plans i had draw up along with all the people who i had paid into there business accounts

At the conferene there at least three other laptops where hacked also ..

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure why anyone still uses AOL e-mail when Gmail is readily available for free! It's AWESOME, try it out, you will most likely never want to use anything else.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know I know. :eek: I'm on it. I have had my email at AOL for 15 years. I remember when we use to pay for it!

Plus that I have many friends all over the world that use IM on AOL.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I set up two accounts and all mail from AOL has been imported.:D I'm liking it over there, guys! Owe it all to you, Danny!

Can anyone tell me how to have one email sent to all contacts telling them about my new email?

And how to have email sent to AOL automatically forwarded to gmail? Is that even possible?

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AOL won't forward my mail:( And I cant delete the accounts without my Master Screen name that I have not used in 20 years!

:mad:

But I have my new Google accounts ~ I just need to get them on my Blackberry and my iPad.

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can keep using aim if you want to chat...also try contacting customer support to get to that years old account so you can set up forwarding... Via aim I thing you can change the email association..

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can keep using aim if you want to chat...also try contacting customer support to get to that years old account so you can set up forwarding... Via aim I thing you can change the email association..

Yeah. I figured I would still keep AIM. I did jot down the number to customer support when I was putting all this together in the middle of the night.

Thanks, B.:)

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My email was hacked into and I think it's was my iPad that was hacked . How many of you if any had email hack into from iOS or any apple os and is just resetting my password going to take care of it

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This surprises me. I know that one day, we will get virus and hacking attacks, but thought for the moment on iOS devices at least we were relatively safe. Are you certain it was your iPad? If so, I'm pretty sure Apple would very much like to know about it. Keep us posted!

Jeff

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This surprises me. I know that one day, we will get virus and hacking attacks, but thought for the moment on iOS devices at least we were relatively safe. Are you certain it was your iPad? If so, I'm pretty sure Apple would very much like to know about it. Keep us posted!

Jeff

No ~ it wasn't my iPad, Jeff.:)

Most reactions

Latest posts