What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My decal for the back...

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I still need to get some transfer paper to help with aligning it correctly on the back of the iPad. Here is a design I did that I'm gonna cut out in removable vinyl on my wife's Cricut machine here in the next week or so.

stewieMockup.jpg

Wow, loving it. You definitely have a big future!:)

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I looked up iPad decals on the web and found quite a selection. Never knew those things existed before. None that suited me tho. A Clint Eastwod was interesting, but not a good fit. I'll keep looking for a John Wayne.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hehe... if only I had the time!

There are plenty of people on Etsy who do exactly that though... use their cricuts to cut out decals just like this and them sell them for $10-$20 a pop. I'm sure since they are doing it for revenue that they may be willing to do some custom jobs if you inquired. The cutting is the easy part and the materials cost next to nothing ($3 a yard for the vinyl). The prepping the image is the time-consuming part.
I have been racking my brains to come up with a decal design as original as the one in this thread. So far I have failed miserably :eek:. So for now I am just going to go with a crossbones decal I found. Here is what my iPad looks like now.
ipadl.png

cimousa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cimousa.com
That looks great! Definitely not a failure.

I have been racking my brains to come up with a decal design as original as the one in this thread. So far I have failed miserably :eek:. So for now I am just going to go with a crossbones decal I found. Here is what my iPad looks like now.

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...The cutting is the easy part and the materials cost next to nothing ($3 a yard for the vinyl). The prepping the image is the time-consuming part.

Where do you find the vinyl for $3/yard? I'm looking on ebay and it's actually pretty expensive. The cheapest I've found is $4 per 12" sheet.

Aareen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know of a couple of places in Missouri that sell them, not knowing where you are this would probably be know help to you. Perhaps one of the home shopping channels would be able to help. They have various sports memorabilia shows, keep your eyes open.

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still need to get some transfer paper to help with aligning it correctly on the back of the iPad. Here is a design I did that I'm gonna cut out in removable vinyl on my wife's Cricut machine here in the next week or so.

stewieMockup.jpg
Sweet I want it

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys!
Now what I really need is a good graphic design artist to do a logo for me. Anybody on here good with logo design?

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I installed a zagg invisibleshield over my decal. This should protect the decal and make sure it stays in place. If you spend the time creating a custom decal, I recommend you protect it with some film. It has the added benefit of keeping the back clean, scratch free and mostly free of fingerprints.

Most reactions

Latest posts