What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost Cydia!

Kimsie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad already jailbroken but i coincidentally reset all the setting on my ipad and i lost cydia. all the apps i download from cydia are gone too.
do you know how to restore all of them back?
i connected my ipad to itool, Jailbreak: it said"no"
but when i connect my ipad to evasion7, it said my device is already jailbroken jailbreak it again is NOT RECOMMENED.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We've deleted your second post on this same topic as duplicate posts can fragment any resulting responses, making the conversation hard to follow. Duplicate posting is also against our rules.

This post has also been moved from iPad News Submissions to iPad Hacking, where it will receive more attention.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My ipad already jailbroken but i coincidentally reset all the setting on my ipad and i lost cydia. all the apps i download from cydia are gone too.
do you know how to restore all of them back?
i connected my ipad to itool, Jailbreak: it said"no"
but when i connect my ipad to evasion7, it said my device is already jailbroken jailbreak it again is NOT RECOMMENED.

Welcome to iPadForums. We hope you enjoy your stay with us. Please also take the time to peruse the forum rules here and abide by them as you post throughout the forum.

The Reset/Erase features on a jailbroken device should not be touched unless it's with regards to network settings and non-system manipulating actions. Erase All Contents and Settings will guarantee you a one-way trip to restoring your device. Place your device into DFU mode, restore it fresh to 7.0.4 while you still can as 7.1 has been pushed back several weeks because the in-app purchase fix was dealt with on the server end, but 7.1 can be pushed out at any time without prior notice. Re-jailbreak and start fresh.

Take the time to practice vigilance in navigating to the Reset portion of Settings, or, install some killers like ResetAllKiller from Cydia to disable the forbidden buttons, and to research other ways of cleaning your device out when you don't need some data. Particularly when the latest iOS is not jailbreakable, and you want to retain your jailbreak, you may want to keep ILEX RAT (outlined here) as an option in your arsenal along with the other packages that are required to run the rat command on your device as a safety net.

Most reactions