What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mute button does not work.

outbackyak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My mute button does not work - if I slide it, the mute icon appears, but the sound goes right on playing. This so with all the apps I've tried it with. Yes, it's the latest OS, 4.2.1

Funny thing is that I'm pretty sure that it did work when I first got the iPad about ten days ago. But it doesn't now. It's no biggie, since the volume zooms right down if you hold it, but it should work.

Any suggestions as to why this should occur? There's nothing in the settings that I can find. Or is the button just dead, and I should contact Apple?

Thanks!

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It does work, it just doesn't work in the way you think it does.

It's not a mute button for all sounds, it only mutes system sounds. Flip the mute switch and then go type something in the web browser, you won't hear the sounds from the keyboard. Same thing with any other system notification sounds.

OP
O

outbackyak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It does work, it just doesn't work in the way you think it does.

It's not a mute button for all sounds, it only mutes system sounds. Flip the mute switch and then go type something in the web browser, you won't hear the sounds from the keyboard. Same thing with any other system notification sounds.

Thanks - I didn't realise that. That explains it.

Seems a bit limited - a true mute button for all sounds seems more useful to me.

Most reactions

Latest posts