What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music over Wifi -> wrong Album images

Rends

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That disturbed me since i got my iPad3 a while ago.
In the Music up when i load my itunes music over my local Wifi i get wrong album images all over the place. Some are correct but many not.
Any idea how to fix that?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try syncing using the USB cable instead. It seems to be a bit more reliable, last time I checked. It may take several syncs before all album art is transferred. Once the library is up to date, you can try going back to wi-fi for day-to-day syncing and see how it works.

I've been using iTunes Match for a while, so I'm a bit out of touch with how well iTunes music syncing is working these days.

OP
Rends

Rends

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry for late reply.
Thx for your answer.
Well i don't transfer the music to my ipad. I just stream them via WiFi using the Music app.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
From your computer, or from the internet?

Using Home Sharing (from the computer).

By tapping on the cloud download icon, using iTunes Radio, or using iTunes Match? (from the internet).

OP
Rends

Rends

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Itunes homesharing. Not the internet and not the cloud.
Within the Music app i click on the name of my Mac.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok. I understand.

You should make sure the albums that are showing the wrong art actually have art in iTunes on the the computer.

I't has been a while since I've used Home Sharing. I often got blank art, which tended to fix itself after a while, but I don't remember ever getting the wrong art.

Also, Home Sharing is heavily dependent on your wi-fi having a good signal (on both computer and iPad) and the computer being responsive. Try with the iPad closer to the router and the computer idle except for iTunes and see if that helps.

Other than that, I have no ideas for fixing this problem. Not that this is a solution, but a possible explanation, maybe.

Most reactions

Latest posts