What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music Not Found

ceedeei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.barchester.webs.com
I have a new iPad 32 Gig wi-fi and have obviously been downloading apps to play with. No problems. I also have an iPod Touch which is now about 12 months old and doesn't give me any problems. When I sync the iPad it does all the apps and videos but won't sync the music as it says it can't find the albnums or tracks. It then lists the tracks it can't find. The apps, videos and music are all in the same place. The apps and videos sync with my iPod easily but not the music. Ideas anyone.

Last edited:

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
You propably are adding more songs than it has space for.

try changing it to only add selected music play lists and select just one playlist to see if it transfers over.

OP
C

ceedeei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.barchester.webs.com
There are only a hundred songs and there is 23 gigabytes of free space so I don't think that can be the problem. Those same hundred songs sync easily on the iPod Touch, which only has 16 gig total.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is did you delete any of the music from iTunes?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you move, rename, or have the files on an external drive you could get this message.

OP
C

ceedeei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.barchester.webs.com
Music

I haven't any of my music on an outside disk nor have I deleted any. I bought a track today from iTunes to test and although the track downloaded OK it isn't on my iPad when I sync.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Where are you buying the music? In iTunes on your computer, or iTunes on your Touch?

Your music needs to be in the iTunes library on your computer in order to synch to your iPad.

OP
C

ceedeei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.barchester.webs.com
Music

All the music I have bar one song bought from iTunes yesterday to test the system has come from my own CD's, loaded in and working on the iPod long before I had the iPad. Strangely when I connect to iTunes with the iPad and sync if I click on the Music button in the left hand column all my music is shown there and at the bottom of the page it shows that I have 2.5 gigs of audio on the iPad. I think I may have a clue to the mystery however. I cam across a shortcut for 'iPod' and when I clicked on that it showed a library with all my music on it. Included was an album that I knew I had never bought. I rang my son in Switzerland, who had bought the iPad for meand he said that he had bought the album as a gift for me from iTunes on his account. He must have connected to iTunes to do this so perhaps thats the problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts