What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music Compilations

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here is a CD of club music which I enjoy. IMHO, it's a great compilation disc, called Blow Up A Go-Go

The tracks are: -

The Quik - Bert's Apple Crumble
James Clarke - Blow Up A Go-Go
Georgie Fame - Somebody Stole My Thunder
Soul Hooligan - Sweet Pea
The Johnny Otis Show - Watts Breakaway
Spencer Davis Group - I'm A Man
The Incredible Bongo Band - Bongolia
Mongo Santamaria - Cloud Nine
The Karminsky Experience - Exploration
Buddy Rich - The Beat Goes On
Andy Williams - House of Bamboo
The Coasters - Love Potion No Nine
Johnny Otis Show - Watts Breakaway
Bobby Hughes Experience - Sahara 72
The Karminsky Experience Inc - Exploration
Eddie Jefferson - Psychedelic Sally
Edwin Starr - Twenty Five Miles
Shirley Ellis - Soul Time
Jacques Dutronic - Le Responsible
The Kinks - She's Got Everything
Shadows of Knight - Shake
Big Boss Man - Humanize

According to Amazon the CD and vinyl versions are now rare.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Here is a CD of club music which I enjoy. IMHO, it's a great compilation disc, called Blow Up A Go-Go

The tracks are:. . .

The album isn't in iTunes, but most of the individual songs are. I went through them and really liked these two.

• James Clarke - Blow Up A Go-Go
  • Mongo Santamaria - Cloud Nine

I've added them to my music shopping list. The next time I go on a spree I'll take a closer look at both the songs and artists.

Thanks.

It's not a genre that I've gotten into much, so other than a little Jimmy Hendrix I don't have anything of the ilk to add to the list.

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Guitar Mostly

This is my Guitar Mostly playlist. Stared (*) items are entire albums. While there are occasionally other instruments or vocals, the emphasis is on great an/or original guitar solos and combos. {the real list has one or two banjo pieces, but I've removed them here for simplisity's sake}

* Adrian Legg - Fingers and Thumbs
* Adrian Legg - Guitar Bones
* Adrian Legg - Inheritance
* Adrian Legg - Waiting for a Dancer
* Al di Meola, John McLaughlin & Paco de Lucía - Passion, Grace & Fir
* Al Di Meola, John McLaughlin, Paco De Lucia - Friday Night in San Francisco
l
* Chet Atkins- Chet Atkins - Guitar Legend: The RCA Years
Black Mountain Rag - Chet Atkins - The Master and His Music
Blue Angel - Chet Atkins - The Master and His Music

I am enjoying your list. Adrian Legg has a very similar playing style to John Williams. I am looking at buying AL's Inheritance album.

Then, Al di Meola, John McLaughlin & Paco de Lucía are great. We watched their performance on the Pavarotti and Friends TV show. Here is a Utube clip.

I'm not so sure about Michael Hedges at present. I need to listen to some more of his playing.

I'm so glad you rate Chet Atkins. Snowbird is a great number. Then, what about Bert Weedon?

It's a great playlist

Last edited by a moderator:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I am enjoying your list. Adrian Legg has a very similar playing style to John Williams. I am looking at buying AL's Inheritance album.

Then, Al di Meola, John McLaughlin & Paco de Lucía are great. We watched their performance on the Pavarotti and Friends TV show. Here is a Utube clip. . .

I'm not so sure about Michael Hedges at present. I need to listen to some more of his playing.

I'm so glad you rate Chet Atkins. Snowbird is a great number. Then, what about Bert Weedon?

It's a great playlist

Thanks for the clip. I now have 4 favorites in YouTube. I don't use the site much. ;)

I'll look into John Williams and Bert Weedon. Thanks for the tip.

Michael Hedges does some pretty strange things at times, but the songs I like best are Ritual Dance, Ragamuffin, and Aerial Boundaries. You might want to take a listen to The Funky Avocado too. It almost fits in with your Club Music. Besides, it's fun. Here's the clip that I like best, for the sound quality, not the lack of video.

Last edited by a moderator:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
After some searching, I finally found the John Williams that plays guitar, rather than the one who writes movie scores (which are some of the best). (If they are a different person?) I'm probably going to add him to the playlist eventually.

I like Bert Weedon, and may get a couple albums. But while the guitar is prominent I don't think it stands alone enough in most of his songs to be added to the Guitar Mostly playlist. Though there were a couple of songs that will probably end up there, once I have time and money to spare.

Most reactions