What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music app question

Bedlampuhedron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a quick question: on the old iPod app there was a button that would let you play all the songs of an artist instead of only individual albums of that artist, is there a way to do this in the new Music app? The button seems to be gone

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, took me a while to figure out what you were talking about, but it does seem to be a bit of a pain. I did find a way to make it work, but it's less than obvious.

Once you get to the artist page (listing of tracks next to album covers), if the progress bar area is not blank tap the back arrow until it is. Then tap Play. If you had shuffle turned on, it will. If not it may not, so you can turn it on, pause, and tap the back arrow to make things blank again, then play to start over with shuffle.

The key is a blank progress bar at the top. If you select a track it will only play that album.

It seems quirky and a bit unpredictable, so YMMV

Edit: You can use the back button to get a blank progress bar if the replay icon is on. Turn it on after you get things started, if you had to use the back button. If not, worry not.

Second Edit: if shuffle is turned off it plays the albums in some order unrelated to the list, but it plays each song on the album in order. Weird.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Bedlampuhedron said:
Oh okay, that actually works, thanks! Though it's not very intuitive

You are welcome. I don't think Apple intended it as a feature. It is just an coincidental workaround until they realize their mistake (hopefully) and put the button back.

Most reactions

Latest posts