What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiple ipad to itunes to multiple PC relationships...

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the trick to this dilemma is the 1 shared iTunes account across 2 or more computers. So when you buy an App on 1 iPad, you should be able to get it on the other iPad without a double charge.

OP
M

markk100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey y2k,

For what it's worth, I was able to purchase Flight Controller HD on my ipad, sync it to my laptop, enable Home Sharing on my wife's laptop and copy the app into her library, then sync it to her iPad last night. (I had first installed iTunes fresh on her laptop, logged in to my account and then sync'd her iPad for the first time, prior to the above. Albeit, I don't know if the order in which I did things would have mattered though?)

Home Sharing is key, and it's a one touch process. Click Home Sharing and it says 'do you want to do this'? Easy enough, even for me...:)

So, I think it works...

Cheers,

M

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey y2k,

For what it's worth, I was able to purchase Flight Controller HD on my ipad, sync it to my laptop, enable Home Sharing on my wife's laptop and copy the app into her library, then sync it to her iPad last night. (I had first installed iTunes fresh on her laptop, logged in to my account and then sync'd her iPad for the first time, prior to the above. Albeit, I don't know if the order in which I did things would have mattered though?)

Home Sharing is key, and it's a one touch process. Click Home Sharing and it says 'do you want to do this'? Easy enough, even for me...:)

So, I think it works...

Cheers,

M

That's what I was hoping for! :D

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You realize all you had to do was download the app you already purchased on her iPad and it would have worked. Or you could have just logged into your account on her laptop and downloaded it through the app store. O really think you guys are over thinking this incredibly simple process.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You realize all you had to do was download the app you already purchased on her iPad and it would have worked. Or you could have just logged into your account on her laptop and downloaded it through the app store. O really think you guys are over thinking this incredibly simple process.

Had issues in the past with apps, and the iPod touch. As soon as you hooked it up to a different computer\iTunes acct, it would want to wipe the iPod clean and replace it with whatever was in the iTunes library.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's because you weren't using the same account or library. If you could just hook up to any ole computer and iTunes and sync, you could steal the apps, music, and videos of every single person....

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's because you weren't using the same account or library. If you could just hook up to any ole computer and iTunes and sync, you could steal the apps, music, and videos of every single person....

Yeah, it was the same iTunes acct piece I was missing. I plan on prob quite a few games and paid apps for these, and if I get it, the wife will prob want the same ones.......

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So then all she has to do is register with the same iTunes account, and go to the App Store and download. It won't force her to pay for it if she provides the password and user name for the same iTunes account that you did.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So then all she has to do is register with the same iTunes account, and go to the App Store and download. It won't force her to pay for it if she provides the password and user name for the same iTunes account that you did.

Exactly...I have a 3rd acct all set up and ready to go for whenever they show up. Which is supposed to be tomorrow. Along with a 2nd case for her as the 1st Silicone case is coming from HK. (Damn eBay seller listed it as USA)

serpentium

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cannot do... or mine or my wife apps set choice

2 iPads, 2 iPod Nanos, and 1 iPod shuffle all on one computer with one account.

how do u do? every time i connect my ipad it download the application list of my wife's ipad or viceversa. it works when we choose books, music, videos, podcast, but seems to me that we cannot choose separetely different set of apps.

we have same itunes account on both ipad and just one computer with authorized account.

can explain which settings you use?
very thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts