What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multi panels not working

AussieRosco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have loaded iOS 9 on my mini iPad 2
When I swipe inward from right side I get the list of apps, but when I tap on one it opens but I cannot resize the panes, and if I try to tap the left hand panel the right hand panel vanishes.
I have tried this with both apps that I have opened being apple apps.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
aussierosco

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Split view doesn't work on the iPad mini2.
See Apple's information:
  1. Picture in Picture and Slide Over are available on iPad Pro, iPad Air or later and iPad mini 2 or later. Split View is available on iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 4.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The question is how you got the slideover pane to swipe in from the right on a Mini iPad 2 to begin with. It shouldn't have done anything, except go to the next home screen.

Edit: Forget the above. Slideover should work on the iPad Mini 2. It has the same specs as the iPad Air (and Johanna's list says it will). Splitview wont' work. Only the iPad Air 2, Mini 4, and the new iPad Pro will support splitview.

For some reason my brain insisted on thinking iPad 2, even though I knew better.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 247820

The question is how you got the slideover pane to swipe in from the right on a Mini iPad 2 to begin with. It shouldn't have done anything, except go to the next home screen.

Edit: Forget the above. Slideover should work on the iPad Mini 2. It has the same specs as the iPad Air (and Johanna's list says it will). Splitview wont' work. Only the iPad Air 2, Mini 4, and the new iPad Pro will support splitview.

For some reason my brain insisted on thinking iPad 2, even though I knew better.

Hi T Poet.
About the swipe from the right.
I get a list of apps but the one I really want "Settings" does not appear!
Can I get it into the dropdown list?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No.

Setting can not be forced to appear in the slide over view. Apps appear there automatically if the developer adds the ability. Nothing you can do changes that, and Apple hasn't enabled Settings for multi-tasking.

D

Deleted member 247820

Thanks T Poet.
That's a bummer!
Settings is the only one I want.
Oh well, maybe one day.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In case you didn't know. Quite a few settings can be changed using Siri.

I find Notes very handy. The new app is capable of handling far more than the old one. I've always had a tendency to use Notes as a text clipboard, holding temporary content. Now it's a powerhouse of a clipboard for gathering material for use elsewhere.

PCalc is also nice. Better than using the one in the Notifications center.

Almost all the communication apps (Messages, Mail, Slack, Twitter, etc.) come in handy for quick checks without having to leave your current app.

And the 1Password app has been handy once or twice, in situations where the extension is not available in the app.

Other than playing around, that's all I've really used the slide over view for so far.

D

Deleted member 247820

Hi T Poet.
Thanks for the tip about Siri.
Presently Siri and I are not on speaking terms!
My decision not hers!

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
J.A. Actually split doesn't work properly on my iPad Air 2. I have the same problem as the original post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
J.A. Actually split doesn't work properly on my iPad Air 2. I have the same problem as the original post.

Which apps did you try? It's not possible with every app. Those from Apple should work, though.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

If I remember right, you're supposed to start with slide over. If the slide over app shows a divider bar to the left of the pane you should be able to drag it to the left into sideview mode. If the drag bar is not there, then the app can't only be used in slide over.

Most reactions

Latest posts