What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving apps around screen.

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently, I've tried to move a couple of new apps I have downloaded to other pages or into an already created subject folder and can't seem to do it.

Before, I used to be able to activate an app icon by pressing it until the X appeared and then with my hand swish it on to another page location.
Now, That feature doesn't work for me. Was that feature removed with all the updates we have done?

I have IOS 6.1.3 on an iPad 2

thanks for any help you can offer me.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you set Restrictions to prevent deleting apps? THat will prevent the X appearing.

Have to admit, I never considered that it might prevent moving apps. Do they still jiggle? If so, they should still be movable.

OP
A

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still can get the X to jiggle fine on my apps. My problem is I can't seem to be able to move or slide a single app to another location or page.

For instance, I have 4 pages of Apps. I have a single app I've just downloaded and want to place it on page one of my most used apps.
Another App, I'd like to move it from page 3 of Apps to a folder on page one.

In the past, if I held my finger on the jiggling X of an app, I could move that app to another page. Either further back to where less used apps are located or to my front page.

thanks for taking the time to reply and try and help me. Most appreciated.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
An easy way to move apps from page to page is to use the dock. By default there are 4 apps in there. You can have up to 6, so slide an app into the dock, then swipe to the page where you want it, then slide it out of the dock. Repeat as required.

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried the revered 'reboot'? You know, hold the sleep and home buttons 'till the apple appears...

OP
A

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes :).
Unfortunately still no success.

Most reactions

Latest posts