What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving apps question

melsnel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know how to rearrange my apps icons within the page they are on but does anyone know how to move them from page to page? I have an app on page 3 that I would like to add to a collection on page 2 but I can't move it between pages.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know how to rearrange my apps icons within the page they are on but does anyone know how to move them from page to page? I have an app on page 3 that I would like to add to a collection on page 2 but I can't move it between pages.

Press and hold an icon on page 3 until they all start to ‘jiggle’. Now slowly drag the icon you want to move to the edge of the page and, if there’s room there it will move across. Press the Home button to stop the ‘jiggle’.

Tim
Scotland

OP
M

melsnel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! Is there any way to send them one at a time or do all of the icons on that page have to go? I got one page to merge completely with the previous page but now that is full. I tried putting some icons in groups and there appears to be enough spaces for the icons on the next page to merge, but the won't go. 

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! Is there any way to send them one at a time or do all of the icons on that page have to go? I got one page to merge completely with the previous page but now that is full. I tried putting some icons in groups and there appears to be enough spaces for the icons on the next page to merge, but the won't go. 

Wow - all at a time - that's something Forum members have been trying to do for ages.....

So, when you had all the icons 'jiggling' (I just love that word) and you selected one to drag - did they all start to move?

Tim
Scotland

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Wow - all at a time - that's something Forum members have been trying to do for ages.....

So, when you had all the icons 'jiggling' (I just love that word) and you selected one to drag - did they all start to move?

Tim
Scotland

Once they all start to 'jiggle' take your finger off the icon you were touching and then re-touch on the icon/app you want to move. When you drage, only that app should move, not all the others.

Get back to us if you're still having problems.

Enjoy your iPad.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts