What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies on the iPad

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Daniusoft conversion software for "store-bought" movies/DVDs and Format Factory for other video files.

Both work great.

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
The OP may have heard the answer he was looking for but I did not. I searched hoping to find an alternative to iTunes because for some reason iTunes doesn't have the movie that I want. They have the soundtrack for sale, but no mention of the movie (The Tourist - Johnny Depp/Angelina Jolie). Anyone know where I can download it from? (P.S. it was released Dec 10)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can if you fly on Delta. They offer WiFi on board and it is FREE during the holidays! How cool is that?

daltonbaker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadconverter-mac.com
philman, Best iPad Video settings
Follow the optimal settings to get excellent playback quality.

iPad HD Video(*.mp4)
Video: Audio:
Codec: h.264 Codec: aac,
Size: 1280*720 SamplerRate: 48000hz,
BitRate: 4000kbps BitRate: 128000bps
FrameRate: 30.00fps Channel: 2
iPad Video H.264(*.mp4)
Codec: h.264 Codec: aac,
Size: 768*576 SamplerRate: 48000hz,
BitRate: 4000kbps BitRate: 128000bps
iPad Video MPEG-4(*.mp4)
Codec: xvid Codec: aac,
Size: 640*480 SamplerRate: 48000hz,
BitRate: 2000kbps BitRate: 128000bps

shaun1952

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks ,so far i have downloaded from handbrake then dragged it onto my itunes but when i connect my i pad it transfers my music but not my film ,what am i doing wrong

T

TJK

From the iTunes menu try "File > Add to Library" and then choose the file to add to your library. Make sure it is encoded properly.

Once you have it in your iTunes library you can download the DVD cover art and add it to your movie by right clicking the movie and selecting "Get Info". Drag the cover art into the "artwork" tab.

A couple of studios are now experimenting with selling movies as Apps. For example you can buy the Batman "Dark Knight" app which will play the movie on your iDevice.

shaun1952

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks TJK cant get dark Night not available in UK ,new to this so any help is very much appreciated

Reaction score
shaun1952 said:
Thanks TJK cant get dark Night not available in UK ,new to this so any help is very much appreciated

'The Dark Knight: App Edition' is available in the UK, just add a k before the n. Though why anyone would buy a movie as an app is beyond me. 5.99£ for a movie which can only be played on iPads: That is even worse than the iTunes DRM.

For watching movies, you could also use the CineXPlayer app, it can play a whole range of formats. To add a video, simply connect the iPad to the PC, in iTunes go to the app section of the iPad. At the bottom is a field which lets you add content to specific apps.

Please forgive the grammar, I am already asleep.

Last edited:

Basmed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded some tv episodes and movies to my ipad2 in preparation for flight today. When I tried to watch them it said the URL could not be found on my server. What did I do wrong. Isn't this one of the benefits of the iPad? I am on boings at airport and still I get that error message. Any answers from you pros? This is first time I have tried it.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What app did you use to download them, they should be in the app.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions