What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies on the iPad

Nan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my new iPad (fantastic!) after getting/falling in love with the iPhone 4 a couple of months ago..... One of the things I will be doing on my iPad quite a bit is streaming NetFlix movies... My new iPad has WiFi only... not 3G. My question is...... can entire movies (from any source) be "downloaded" onto the iPad so I could watch them when no WiFi connection is available...... say on an airplane (assuming I'm too cheap to PAY for the WiFi offered on the flight....) ... Thks....... ;)

fuzzysuzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Movies on iPad

Hi,
My exact same situation...hope someone "techier" than me can help us out!

fuzzysuzie

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Short answer, yes. There is also iTunes and others you can use. You can also download purchased DVDs with a little help.

Stelph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depends what you mean by Downloaded, you can obvioulsy download movies from itunes, otherwise check out Handbrake to rip films from DVD's on your computer

Roger Fred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is short video on how to download FREE movies for iPad, iPhone, and iPod

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAMCO59ohOE[/ame]

Hope this helps you.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure, easily, do it all the time

Use Cucusoft to copy movie to computer, move to iTunes, synch. Viola, movies on the iPad.

kvizzel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you jailbroken?

If so... NICE!

Look in Cydia for the tweak Safari Download Manager.

Use the website i4iphones, and download a movie... (Over WiFi to the iPad)

Use iFile, and find the movie you download from the site. All there movies are converted for Apple products so it'll easily play.

[If this is against the rules, I'm sorry and delete it.]

If not jailbroken...

Just download movies to your computer.

I personally you Air Video, it can let you stream and also converts your movies.

Once converted throw them on the iPad and enjoy!

yadnyesh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my new iPad (fantastic!) after getting/falling in love with the iPhone 4 a couple of months ago..... One of the things I will be doing on my iPad quite a bit is streaming NetFlix movies... My new iPad has WiFi only... not 3G. My question is...... can entire movies (from any source) be "downloaded" onto the iPad so I could watch them when no WiFi connection is available...... say on an airplane (assuming I'm too cheap to PAY for the WiFi offered on the flight....) ... Thks....... ;)

Yup download idownload app through which u cam download any thing like movies or music picks n all n if u want to c movie from ur pc u have to convert movie to iPad size for that u will req vuze software it download torrent n it has apple converter

Hope this info will help u :)

Thanks
Regards
Yadi

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you want to save conversion, look at the OPlayer app. I use the lite version which is ad supported but if you are offline, it is just a greyed out box instead and if it is a widescreen movie, this grey box will appear in the black border and not block the movie itself.
I use this app to download movies from my NAS over Wifi before heading off on a trip.

delrahim69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use CineXPLAYER, just download movies to computer like normal and the load onto ipad. App has how-to on how to load them. Just sync ipad with computer, click on apps scroll down select CineXPLAYER then click add and locate movies to add. This app plays almost every format. I had VLC player which i have on my netbook but its restricted on what formats it will play. Pay the couple bucks for CineXPLAYER, well worth it.

philman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, still a little confused. can I convert a DVD movie, bought from a store, so it can be played on the ipad? I know I can do video files, but not sure I understand the possibility of DVD's.

Second, what format is best for converting to, size and quality?

Stelph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes you can, just remember that there are two steps for converting a DVD to a file for your iPad.

DISCLAIMER - I am giving this advice assuming that you own the DVD's that you are looking to take movies from, legitimate backups from DVD's that you own is one thing, ripping copies from DVD's that you dont (i.e rental copies) is another and I personally do not condone that!.

Note that there are also several ways of doing this but this is my preferred way (and its also free)

First is you have to remove or bypass the Digital Rights Management (DRM) that is on the disk that stops you from ripping a copy, there are several programs you can buy to do this like Slysoft AnyDVD, however my favourite is the free program DVD43

http://www.dvd43.com/

Its free, and it automatically runs in the background when you put a disk in so you just need to install and forget! However note that it only works on 32bit windows so you will have to check if you have this on your PC

Second, you have to rip and convert the DVD into an iPad friendly file, for this I use Handbrake

http://handbrake.fr/

Again, free and it also has several pre-sets for files so you dont have to understand what you are doing, just select the pre-set and away you go! My faourite is "universal" because although it produces a larger file, it works with the iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple TV ect...

Once you do this once you'll see how easy it is, however note that it does take some time to convert depending on the power of your PC! Once handbrake is done then just go find it in the output folder and drag and drop into iTunes and iTunes will do the rest
Hope this helps!

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what I've started doing is buying "triple play" blu rays. (or double play DVD's) this gives you a free digital copy with the blu-ray/DVD which you download from itunes, pretty cool!

and they only cost a fraction more than just a single blu-ray/DVD

Most reactions

Latest posts