What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

move modified document from pages to istorage

kaan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use istorage to download a document from a site. Then I open the doc in pages and modify it. Up to this point no problem. Now I want to move the modified doc back to istorage to upload it to the site. But this is not possible. I tried all kinds of tricks and could neither move nor copy the edited doc back to istorage. What is the solution? Do I have to email to myself? Although the doc is on the ipad why can't I get it in another application? Can anybody help please? Thanks in advance.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are only four ways to get documents out of Pages at this time. There is no direct way of getting the Pages document to another app like iStorage.

iTunes - Using the File Share feature in the Apps page when your iPad is connected. Once exported to the computer it can be reimported to other File Share compatible apps.

eMail - email the file you yourself, then use OpenIn to copy to another app.

iDisk - Apples MobileMe service with 20GB of storage. New purchases are frozen, os you probably can't get it now. However this fall iCloud and iOS 5 will be taking over. They will offer similar services. It will only be 5GB, but will be free. Those who need extra storage will be able to pay for it, but the prices have not been announced. It might take a while for your iStorage app to add iCloud, but I doubt they will take long. You upload from the Pages app to iDisk (iCloud). No reason, really, to download it again to iStorage.

WebDAV server. This is a standard cloud storage solution. DropDAV combined with DropBox was the most the most popular service until they started to charge. At $5 a month it is still probably worth the price for a have user. MyDisk.com is another I just read about. I only offers 2GB, but it is $5 a year, after a 1 month free trial. There may be other free WebDAV services averrable. I've never done more than a casual search for them. With this you can export and download directly from Pages, just like the iDisk service. No real reason to download it gain to the iStorage app.

It is possible/probably that there will be a Pages update with the iOS 5 update. It might offer the ability to use Open In to copy apps directly on the iPad. However, there has been no announcement or leak of this feature. It would be unwise to count on it. Most likely Apple will consider the iCloud storage solution optimal, and for most use scenarios they would probably be right.

OP
K

kaan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Iwork works great. One question. Do you know by chance the remote directory parameter to be used to access iwork server from istorage?

Most reactions

Latest posts