What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving Pages documents to Dropbox

ipadparker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a new owener of an Ipad 1. I bought it for myself but, my daughter seems to have taken it as her own lately..... Not for long though...

Anyway, been loading apps, ripping some videos, learning the device. I love it.

I bought Pages so that my daughter could use it with her Macbook. I installed Dropbox and was able to move a document from Macook to Dropbox. Picked it up in the Ipad (cool). But after making changes/edits to the document in the Ipad I don't know how to move it back to Dropbox to continue to edit on the MacBook. Is there an app that I am missing that will let me move it into Dropbox?

thanks in advance from a noob.

Parker

spgary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not so sure about pages. Does it allow you to import from dropbox from within the app. I use docsToGo and it has a dropbox function within the app very well linked to the docs to go created in the dropbox folder. The files edited in iPad remain in the dropbox and can be accessed back from the desktop.

OP
I

ipadparker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on Drop DAV. Loaded it up and worked like a charm from Ipad to Main computer. Will have to load it on Macbook to verify that it will waork there as well which I am sure it will.

Thanks for your assitance.

Parker

OP
I

ipadparker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I know, I was just to damn impatient. It worked out fine. Thanks for your help. My daughter is working on her project right now on the IPad and we are able to move it back and forth between devices through Dropbox.

Thanks Again
Parker

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is there a way to do this that does not have a monthly fee?

This thread is fairly old, and is no longer accurate.

Pages now allows Open In to other apps, including the DropBox app. To copy a file to DropBox choose Open in another App, select the file format (Pages, PDF, Word), tap Choose App, chose Open in Dropbox, Change the Name and Destination if needed, then tap Save.

You can do this with the document open, under the wrench icon and Share and Print, or by tapping the Edit button while in the thmbnail view, selecting a document, and then tapping the share icon (box with and arrow combing out of it).

The DropBox app must be installed and account set up on the iPad for this to work.

Most reactions

Latest posts