What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mouses and the Ipad.

Darkrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will they be adding the ability to use a wireless mouse with the Nov 2010 OS update?

I know you can use a wireless mouse if you jailbreak your Ipad but I do not want to do that.

Thanks,

Tom.

EpiciPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I doubt it, since the iPad is a touchscreen device there is really no point for mouse. The only thing I could think of in that the mouse would be useful would be if you had your iPad docked on the keyboard.

05GT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That would be a very nice option to go along with the keyboard dock. I doubt Apple will implement it though.

StarLog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That would be a very nice option to go along with the keyboard dock. I doubt Apple will implement it though.

Has anyone thought of using the Magic Trackpad from Apple on the iPAD.

I have the dock and if this would work, then a pad not having to constantly touch the screen.

OP
D

Darkrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the apple wireless keyboard at work, so having a wireless mouse would be great,:D as they would be on the same plane.

Less hand movement, quicker, etc. Much less chance of carpal tunnel syndrome.

At home i use the Apple case in the typing mode.

Tom.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In order to use a mouse or touchpad, there has to be cursor. Since there is none on the iPad, a mouse cannot work.

sprymuse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Magic Mouse & Ipad

I'm really disappointed! I purchased my ipad direct through Apple, the sales rep told me that the magic mouse would work with it. Well, it doesn't, so I'm extremely pi$$ed that he had the gall to tell me the mouse worked with the ipad, let alone push it on me as a viable accessory.

SHAME ON APPLE

sprymuse

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But he said he did not want to jailbreak.
True but your comment was still overly broad in that it "cannot work." The jailbreak app shows that it does in fact work, and works rather well. The only reason it doesn't work without a jailbreak is Apple, nothing to do with needing to have a cursor. In fact if you want to get technical, the iPad does have a cursor: it is shown when you are in a text-entry box. Now it doesn't have an on-screen mouse pointer, but that is trivial to overcome.

I don't see how anyone who has used a physical keyboard with an iPad wouldn't also see the use for a mouse. There is nothing like typing away comfortably and then having to stop and reach over to touch the screen just to click one button.... like "send." grrrrrr.... lol

Michael

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm really disappointed! I purchased my ipad direct through Apple, the sales rep told me that the magic mouse would work with it. Well, it doesn't, so I'm extremely pi$$ed that he had the gall to tell me the mouse worked with the ipad, let alone push it on me as a viable accessory.

SHAME ON APPLE

sprymuse

Well technically it does work...if you jailbreak.

More than likely tho he had no clue what he was talking about and just telling you what you wanted to hear to make a sale....they tend to do that....salespeople.

mwhartman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I understand the frustration but if one needs/wants a keyboard, a mouse, and the touch screen is an issue then it seems to me the 13" MBP or MB is the proper solution. My two cents.

Mike

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What if you want a keyboard, mouse and a computer that is instant on? It's still a valid desire. A mouse would be much faster for selecting and placing a cursor. I've had the iPad since it came out (in Canada) and use it every day, but it still takes me more time to select text or make a correction than if I were using a mouse.

Cheers,

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What if you want a keyboard, mouse and a computer that is instant on? It's still a valid desire. A mouse would be much faster for selecting and placing a cursor. I've had the iPad since it came out (in Canada) and use it every day, but it still takes me more time to select text or make a correction than if I were using a mouse.

Cheers,

MacBook Air ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts