What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mouse and keybaord

johnny_chimpo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have seen you can use a bt keyboard. You can now use a bt mouse via bt stack by turning off native bt and running app but how do you use both at the same time or is it just too son to be asking. this may seem odd but i got my dell blue tooth mouse to work for a split second along wiht my bt keybaord but then the dell bt mouse got stuck in a connection loop and i had to reboot my ipad. Ipad see's the bt mouse but will not connect to it. it just makes blue tooth icon flash constantly. anyone successfull in setting up both bt mouse and keyboard.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not that I did this correctly, but I tried it and it didn't work. I got the BT Stack Mouse part working OK - had to Jailbreak the unit. With the BT Mouse Stack on the normal BT for the iPad won't turn on. So I added the BT Keyboard Stack thinking that would work. Froze my machine - only way around was to hard restore the iPad. There's a couple of threads re this floating around.

jswing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is the response I recieved from the developer:

Hi Jeff

the key injection mechanism changed from 3.1.x to 3.2, this is causing the lock-up. I only got the JB last week, but hope to release a update the next week that fixed iPad injection.

Best
Matthias

On 08.05.2010, at 00:46, Jeff Swing wrote:

Hello,

I am not able to get this to work with apple keyboard. It does not pair but states that it is active and to then goes to the test panel but the touch keypad comes up.It then locks-up the iPad and needs a reboot.

iPad1,1-3.2: dce7a2e0c50007b4c2a5ad060b0eba83265ff924

Sent from my iPad

kiwi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
good to here there is a fix coming

had exactly the same issue with screen freezing requiring a hard restart - be great if they can get this working as the ability to put the ipad in its stand and use a keyboard and a mouse will be awesome.

JMK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad I read this thread.

I got the keyboard running fine and was getting ready to buy a magic mouse. I had seen a YT video of that running on one.

I think I'll wait a while.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad I read this thread.

I got the keyboard running fine and was getting ready to buy a magic mouse. I had seen a YT video of that running on one.

I think I'll wait a while.

I bought a Magic Mouse when it came out...was really happy to finally find a use for it....its useless for desktop use.

Most reactions

Latest posts