What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mount for iPad in the kitchen

vsstanton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Remodeling my kitchen and want a mount for my iPad...something that will fold up under a cabinet when Not in use...anyone using anything they love...so hard to look at them in pictures and know what will really work best!
Thanks

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you looking for something like this?

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/CS-Household-7124-Cabinet-Cookbook/dp/B000MWTOYO[/ame]

OP
V

vsstanton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks saw this, looking for something that will maybe swivel and pull down, probably needs to attach the a wall!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, somewhat surprised that this thread has received little interest - and the one reply was for a cookbook holder and not the iPad, although it likely would fit!

My wife is interested in a 'way' to use the iPad in the kitchen as a recipe resource (sure there are plenty of apps available for that purpose) - so, I've been searching some 'dedicated' options - below is one by Griffin Technology ($40 on Amazon); there is a less expensive acrylic choice and several others that are more pricey.

So to bring this thread back TTT - I'd appreciate comments from those using some type of kitchen mount for the iPad - I'd like an 'under the cabinet' choice but my cabinets are just 12" deep, so that would be a consideration. Thanks for any suggestions - :)

H2345

aaronhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was actually just looking for one and found one that looks sweet on Ebay. Just search for iPad Kitchen Mount, called the Griffin Foldaway Mount (GC 16037)
However, I have the same problem as Giradman, and only had about 10 or 12 inches to play with. This mount folds under cabinents but needs 14 inches. Looks pretty nice, if you got room for it.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I was actually just looking for one and found one that looks sweet on Ebay. Just search for iPad Kitchen Mount, called the Griffin Foldaway Mount (GC 16037)
However, I have the same problem as Giradman, and only had about 10 or 12 inches to play with. This mount folds under cabinents but needs 14 inches. Looks pretty nice, if you got room for it.

The pic that I posted is the Griffin product (not sure about the number?) - actually, there is a review on Amazon [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Cabinet-Mount-for-Ipad-Black/dp/B004ADY2C0/ref=sr_1_cc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307539039&sr=1-1-catcorr"]Amazon.com: Cabinet Mount for Ipad, Black: Electronics[/ame]in which the commenter mentions that he used the mount underneath a 12" cabinet w/o a problem - would like a return policy in case I have a problem? :)

incapete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try the Vogels wall mount - very discrete wall mounted part plus a case which connects to it when you need it.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try the Vogels wall mount - very discrete wall mounted part plus a case which connects to it when you need it.

Thanks for the suggestion - quite an impressive website; their iPad wall mount is shown below - problem for me in our kitchen is that the walls above the counter are tiled; so would need to drill a hole into a tile - plus cost is $60+ on Amazon, i.e. a little steep - also, still interested in an under the cabinet solution. Will continue to look around - as a woodworker, maybe I could even come up w/ a solution; will check my usual woodworking sites for potential under the cabinet hardware options? :)

com.gxwebmanager.solutions.assetservlet.servlet

tabletkits

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Speck HandyShell is very versatile, and you can hang it in the kitchen. Check out Speck's website.

josephsqrussell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am an experienced kitchen designer with many years in the kitchen industry. I see a lot of poorly planned kitchens by well known names.I think there is a gap in the market for supplying floor plans, of a very high standard.

tonette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Modern kitchens are often minimalist. Tile backsplashes and simple cabinetry line the counters creating an art deco or space-inspired escape. These kitchens have a very cubic structure with a glossy finish to their decor.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm using the Hedge iPad mount now - Hedgie iPad and tablet computer wall mount & holder – hedgie.net

It's essentially just Velcro on a very sticky backing - one half goes on the wall tiles, the other to the back of a thin back protector on the iPad. Works great, very minimal and very secure!

Hi Incapete - thanks for the information; however, your link did not work for me (probably left off the need for a www. w/ the .net domain) - for those interested, give this LINK A Try - looks like an inexpensive simple solution - my two concerns would be: 1) damage from the adhesive to the attachment location (e.g. a site w/ wallpaper); and 2) whether a gentle bump on the iPad might cause it crashing to the floor? Just saying - :)

incapete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd say the first point is valid - it's strong adhesive so could damage wallpaper if you removed it later, I'm using it on a tiled wall or on my fridge to avoid this.

But since it's so strong there is no chance of it slipping to the floor! Berried a couple of wall mount solutions (nothing too expensive, I wasn't willing to pay out for the really fancy ones discussed earlier in the thread) and this is rock solid. In fact the only frustrating thing about it is that its a little hard to take off the wall since it sticks so well!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow-up Incapete - that's what I would do regarding placing the wall 'sticker', i.e. on a durable surface, such as tile or metal. Velcro is pretty strong, especially if the force is a sheering one as in this case, but I can understand the removal issue; yet certainly a simple and inexpensive solution.

Previously I had posted 'my solution', i.e. a removable 'under the counter' acrylic stand - also works well but I was afraid a gentle bump might still knock the iPad from the stand - I just use a LARGE rubber band to place around the stand & iPad - unobtrusive and provides a feeling of reassurance - good luck in your choice! :)

Most reactions