What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Motorola Xoom User's Guide Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know, I know, yes, it's another Xoom post from superbike81, I just figured I would put this on here for anyone who wanted to browse through it. It's just a PDF file of the Xoom that has been leaked about a week ahead of it's release date (the 24th).

I'm not posting this to start an iPad vs Xoom war, or anything else, it's just informational, don't take it as anything more than that. Even if you aren't interested in buying one, it might still be fun to skim through it.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

(The megaupload site is clean, it has it's own built in virus scan, and I ran the file through three separate scanners as I always do with HTTP downloads, it's clean).

My initial negative thoughts:

1) Can't charge through the USB ports, which means I'll have to buy a different power port adapter for my car and I won't be able to charge it from my MacBook Pro (which is always in my backpack) if I need to. No big deal, but an annoyance.

2) It uses MicroSD. Some will say this is a good thing because you can easily swap between the Xoom and your phone, but I don't see myself wanting to do that. So, somewhat limited in expandability to 32GB microSD cards. I'd rather it use full size SD because they are slightly cheaper, and with a simple firmware update, larger capacity cards could be used right now.

Everything else I'm pretty pleased with! Especially now hearing officially that there will be a $600 Wi-Fi only version. Hopefully sites like Engadget, AndroidCentral, CNET, and others start receiving test devices soon so they can post full reviews.

Please note, I'm not saying anything negative about the iPad, nor am I directly comparing this to the iPad. This is the "Anything Goes" forum, so it's appropriate here (mods), so please don't bring up the iPad, because it will just start an argument and the thread will get locked. If you would like to discuss something in this thread, discuss the features of the Xoom that you like or dislike based on the user manual. If you want to talk about the iPad, that's what the main forum is for. :)

OP
Superbike81

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, they got to that pretty quick. I've got it saved, but I don't know if I would be allowed to upload it as an attachment on this site.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since the link is no longer valid, there is no longer any reason to keep the thread open.

If someone wants more information about the Xoom, they can use their favorite search engine to look for the Xoom user's manual.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts