What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye Xoom!

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
So ~ you are really never happy? Content?

No - I'm happy as long as I can at least customize to a point (everything has it limits)! I'm actually happy with my ipad 1. I'm worried about future Apple deivces (and the ipad 2 at this point for that matter)...

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I have the first one, too. I just recently JB, but haven't really played around with it, yet.

Cool! You have soooo much cool stuff to look forward to now that you are jailbroken!! Enjoy!

OP
M

MNateo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of the biggest pitfalls that the xoom had for me was the searching speed on PDF. I use PDF's almost 100% of the time on my tablet since I have my text books on pdf.When I need to find a question such as "13.4-5" it would start at page 1 and search, page 2 search and it was easily a second/page(1000 page text books). I did this with the same book on my iphone 4 and it gave me instant hits. I tried nearly every free pdf viewer on android and they all searched this slowly, so I bought repligo(one of the big time pdf apps; same story. So it's not about seeing a bunch of data at once, it's about accessing data quickly and I think that the idevices are better that that.

Most reactions

Latest posts