What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moto xoom and sammy killed the Oct release of ipad 3

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
All the rumor about a iPad 3 have stopped now that all the new androids have been released. I think apple was worried due to the LTE4 but as it turned out the androids could not match the ipad2 so there is no need to release the ipad3 this year.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They never were going to release the Ipad 3 this year.;) In the Spring of next year ~ Apple releases new lines a year apart.

Last edited:

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I won't be buying the 3 anyway, so it doesn't affect me any :) I just bought my 2. But every time my brother drags me into the nearest Verizon store I think that Xoom gets uglier and uglier! :p

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seemed like the only reason the rumor got any clout was because analysts suspected Apple would do a late fall launch in order to compete with the latest android tablets to compete for the holiday season sales. Jobs made it very clear in his presentation back in March that 2011 was going to be the year of the iPad 2.

Reaction score
All the rumor about a iPad 3 have stopped now that all the new androids have been released. I think apple was worried due to the LTE4 but as it turned out the androids could not match the ipad2 so there is no need to release the ipad3 this year.

Apple fears no one. The ipad 3 rumor was worth less than the paper it was written on.
They paid cash in advance back in the spring for over half of the screen parts to be manufactured for the rest of the year , causing everyone else to lower their predictions , some by over 50%,for sales in quarters 3 and 4.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The latest is that the iPad 2012 will be lighter, faster, and have a longer battery life. There is also speculation that the iPad 2 will be kept in the lineup at a lower price to counter any price cutting by other tablets.

OP
zipur

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's nice to hear that the ipad2 has legs. I still contend that if the last four or five android tablets "were" as good or better than the iPad 2 AND sales were swinging towards the Xoom or whatever. If that were the case right now I believe apple would be releasing the iPad 3. Or there would be on fire sales just like the HPs. So my initial thought that the Xoom delayed the iPad 3 release is still valid. If android tablet were anywhere near the ipad2 it would pressure apple to not only release the ipad3 but it would have even more features.

But since it's not the case it's not the case.

Reaction score
Cause changes in ios5? Maybe, though I doubt it.
Speed up the process of the next generation ipad? Nah

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

Most reactions

Latest posts