What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most impatient iPad fan goes to..... me!

JC-ins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i ordered a 16gb wifi only from the apple store, and ended up buying a 32gb 3g model from best buy 2 days later. so i definitely understand what you mean about impatience, lol! have fun with your new toy!

dearbee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no luck here- every apple store i walked into did not have them.

dearbee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you know what's funny, i was almost in the same predicament as you. i have one on order from the apple store, placed the order about a week ago. scheduled shipment is july 7 with delivery date of 12.

i'm getting off work early today due to the holiday weekend here in the States, and i was going to look for it at a local mall. however, i just looked up my order status, and it's now been 'prepared for shipment'. :D

OP
keroro1979

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, 4.15pm and still nothing.

Just checked with Apple, the courier is TNT, great :(

Rang them, it will be here before 6pm. Told them that Apple had specified 9 til 5, and that I had to leave at 5 at the absolute latest.

No. 9 til 6. BOLLOCKS.

Will have to leave a note on the door saying to leave it next door, and just hope it gets delivered. No way for me to kow otherwise until we get home tomorrow afternoon. Shit shit shit shit shit.

I hate couriers.

OP
keroro1979

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Rang them, it will be here before 6pm. Told them that Apple had specified 9 til 5, and that I had to leave at 5 at the absolute latest.

No. 9 til 6. BOLLOCKS.

Will have to leave a note on the door saying to leave it next door, and just hope it gets delivered. No way for me to kow otherwise until we get home tomorrow afternoon. Shit shit shit shit shit.

I hate couriers.

Update. Nuts.

Rang TNT just before we left at 4.50pm. Asked if it would be possible for the delivery guy to leave it next door (my mother in laws house) if I left a note on the door explaining. The guy on the phone said that was completely fine. So, annoyed at waitng in all day and getting nothing, but pleased that they would leave it next door if we missed them, we left. Got a phone call from my mother in law while we were driving to Sheffield. She saw a TNT van driving past at just after 5, and they didnt call at her house, so I rang TNT (my wife was driving, not I!) and the very helpful lady checked my consignment number , and said it was because it was from Apple, and a high value item - some drivers do not like to leave parcels with neighbours in case something should go wrong.

SO I now have to wait until Monday (8am til 6pm!)!!!

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I dont know about how it is there but when that happens here in the US I am still able to drive down the the company warehouse where all the packages get sent out from and pick it up. They make you sign a paper that you picked it up from the warehouse.

OP
keroro1979

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, they offered me that as an alternative - unfortunately
a) they aren't open today
b) the distribution center is 8o miles awaw and I don't drive lol.

So yeah, another day of waiting in. At least I don't have to book monday off as I work part time.

Bruinboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Twilight Marathon Worth It

Listen, I'm one of those guys who stumbled into the Twilight Series. I bought the first book, didn't know it was directed at teenage girls, liked it, bought the second and half way through the book I discovered the target audience. I was afraid they would take away my "man card" but read the rest of the series and saw Eclipse yesterday with my daughter. I loved the books, liked the movies, but you must REALLY like the twilight series to go to the marathon and miss your iPad .... so was it worth it (seeing the marathon and missing the iPad)?:)

OP
keroro1979

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wellll, the marathon was booked before I knew the iPad was coming, so.....

And yeah I suppose it was. Its the only time they will all be shown together (at least somewhere I can go to) - at least it has given me an extra couple of days to rip more dvds for it :)

As for Twilight, I saw the first movie (because, you know, its vampires) and enjoyed it, my wife loved it so I bought her the book, then read it after her. Then bought the other 3 and read them all in a week or so. I don't claim that they are the height of literature, or whatever. But I enjoy them, so I read them.

I try not to let other peoples opinions sway my own.

Hell, im probably the only person who enjoyed Tank girl, Waterworld, Last Action Hero, AND Daredevil. And yeah, i think Michael bay did an OK job with transformers too. Im easily entertained!

Bruinboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hate to tell you this

Just picked up my iPad today. You'll love it. I'm looking forward to hearing how you like yours when it arrives.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score

No. 9 til 6. BOLLOCKS.

I hate couriers.

Apple requires a signature on delivery. Some carriers require, some dont.. good luck....

OP
keroro1979

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Itshereitshereitshere!

Syncing now, gaaaahh too sloooooow!

Incidentally, the cheap stand I got from Ebay is shit, I gave it a quick try, I wouldnt trust it to hold itself up, let alone my new baby. The cheap screen protectors is shite too - not clear enough, and left huge air bubbles which would not disperse. happily, the clear plastic shell for the back is great, and will prvent any scratches or scuffs :)

Still sync-ing - bah! Have to pick my son up from school in 4 minutes too. He is 5, wonder if he would be ok to walk home alone........

RobotRock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The wait is awful :( I phoned my Apple store and the guy said that there is a massive waiting list so I'd be better ordering online. So I did that on Friday (2nd July) and the estimated delivery date isn't until the 20th :( I keep refreshing the page daily, to see if it changes to 'This item has been shipped' even though the shipping date isn't until the 16th :mad:

I was going to get a dock, and then spotted the cheap eBay ones.. Am I best getting an Apple one?

Most reactions

Latest posts