What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More laughs than Funnies

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had a good laugh at that one. Then afterwards thought, why am I laughing? Blasted electronic gizmos ruling our lives!! ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And usurping our domestic duties etc! :D

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My wife has an old, large much beloved handbag with pockets and compartments etc.

She keeps losing her keys, travel pass etc in the depths of it. Last week vital accessories disappeared past the lining into the depths of the bag. It was a job retrieving the items.

My comment was "So you've turned it into a magician's bag then"!

The name is sticking for the handbag ;)

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My wife has an old, large much beloved handbag with pockets and compartments etc.

She keeps losing her keys, travel pass etc in the depths of it. Last week vital accessories disappeared past the lining into the depths of the bag. It was a job retrieving the items.

My comment was "So you've turned it into a magician's bag then"!

The name is sticking for the handbag ;)

I know exactly what you mean when the BH searches through that handbag. But my puzzled observation has been the outside size of the thing compared to the unbelievable volume and mysterious diversity of items that is then unloaded out of it.
Andrew

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean when the BH searches through that handbag. But my puzzled observation has been the outside size of the thing compared to the unbelievable volume and mysterious diversity of items that is then unloaded out of it.
Andrew

We tend to fill our handbags with things we could need. Just in case... :)
The volume of the storage is just a question of system. ;-)

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Andrew

So her's is a Tardis! :D

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So her's is a Tardis! :D

Sure! But mine's better;)

3ugare9y.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sure! But mine's better;)

Wow. I've never seen one of those. It's brilliant.

Now, if you got through some of the contents, could you be pulled up for being drunk in charge of a
time machine? ;)

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This was doing he rounds at work 10 years ago.......
--------
APPLICATION TO BE ILL
THIS FORM MUST BE SUBMITTED AT LEAST 21 DAYS BEFORE THE DATE ON WHICH YOU WISH ILLNESS TO COMMENCE
NAME...................................

DEPARTMENT .....................

NATURE OF ILLNESS...........

DATE ON WHICH YOU WISH ILLNESS TO COMMENCE 
(Applications to suffer from pregnancy must be submitted 12 months in advance and be accompanied by form KB 123/9/87 — consent of husband/wife.)

HAVE YOU EVER APPLIED TO SUFFER FROM THIS ILLNESS BEFORE? YES/NO

DO YOU WISH THE ILLNESS TO BE SLIGHT/SEVERE/CRIPPLING/FATAL? 
(Applicants wishing to suffer a fatal illness should indicate at the foot of this form whether they wish Management to be represented at the funeral/cremation.)

DO YOU WISH TO SUFFER THIS ILLNESS AT HOME/HOSPITAL/LONDON/BRIGHTON/PARIS/BENIDORM?

DO YOU WISH THE ILLNESS TO BE CONTAGIOUS? YES/NO
IF SO, PLEASE INDICATE THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE YOU WISH TO INFECT.

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN REFUSED PERMISSION TO SUFFER FROM AN ILLNESS YES/NO
IF SO, GIVE DETAILS

DO YOU WISH YOUR HUSBAND/WIFE TO BE INFORMED OF YOUR ILLNESS IF HE/SHE CONTACTS THE OFFICE REGARDING YOUR WHEREABOUTS? YES/NO

"I, the undersigned, declare that to the best of my knowledge the answers given above are true and accurate.

Signature of applicant:...........

NOTE Applicants are reminded that all applications will be considered on merit and that more than three applications per annum will be considered excessive.

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I came across this mistake when I was correcting some UK census transcriptions!

image-1906059641.jpg

image-224825580.jpg

The occupation should read "Greaser at pit bottom"!

I did think about posting it under the Gardening thread! Perhaps there was a sooty mushroom plant in operation! :D

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With the Holidays upon us I would like to share a personal experience with my friends about drinking and driving.
As you may know some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" out with friends.

Well two days ago I was out for an evening with friends and had several beers followed by some rather nice red wine. Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit.
That's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a cab home.

Sure enough on the way home there was a police road block for RBT, but since it was a cab they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident.
This was a real surprise as I had never driven a cab before, I don't know where I got it and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
With the Holidays upon us I would like to share a personal experience with my friends about drinking and driving.
As you may know some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" out with friends.

Well two days ago I was out for an evening with friends and had several beers followed by some rather nice red wine. Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit.
That's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a cab home.

Sure enough on the way home there was a police road block for RBT, but since it was a cab they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident.
This was a real surprise as I had never driven a cab before, I don't know where I got it and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it.
Just tear that sign off, give it a new paint job, and you're laughing. Well, even more than you were before;)
9e8y9e7a.jpg

Credit: funnyphotos.net.au
Just be glad you didn't decide to catch a train lol
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just tear that sign off, give it a new paint job, and you're laughing. Well, even more than you were before;)

Credit: funnyphotos.net.au
Just be glad you didn't decide to catch a train lol
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

Lol....I wouldn't mind catching that taxi!! ;)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Very funny Leelai! Love your avatar by the way! Absolutely my favourite cat from my homeland.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very funny Leelai! Love your avatar by the way! Absolutely my favourite cat from my homeland.

Thanks Hayley,

isn't my avatar cute, it was a gift.....I was having such a hard time finding Christmas ones!

Thanks again Sci!

Most reactions