What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Montana Newcomer

Smallwheels

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I found this forum when it was new but haven't posted yet. I don't own an iPad but intend to get one after the iOS4 is on the iPad. I've got some questions so I joined the forum.

If HP comes out with its own version of a tablet using the WebOS originally created by Palm I might look into getting one of those if I haven't gotten my iPad yet. I would like to have a smaller version of the iPad or a much larger version of the iPod Touch. A seven inch screen in the 16:9 aspect ratio would be my ideal unit. It would cost less and weigh much less. It would be easier to carry around too.

RobotRock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about the Dell Streak? It runs Android and has a 5" screen.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
No issues with carrying the ipad round.
Mine is with my 24/7. I have it in a leather folio case and most people just think I'm i have a folder or something and don't notice its an ipad unless i have it open and am using it.

Trust me, WebOS device wont take off. When the OS is a pain to develop for you don't get many apps.

Android OS tablet would be worth looking at however all the ones so far dont come close to the ipads package as far as speed, memory, storage, touch screen, battery, size.

OP
S

Smallwheels

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dell Streak

I've not heard about that one. It would be too small. I don't have perfect vision and viewing things close up with my glasses is uncomfortable. A six or seven inch screen would probably be much better for me. I could hold the device a little farther away and be comfortable.

Paperback novels are about the smallest things I can read comfortably for a long time. Watching movies on a six or seven inch screen would be OK. Five inches is just too small.

The iPod Touch is a wonderful device but there is too little information on that tiny screen to make it enjoyable for more than a few minutes. All of the scrolling around pages just makes it annoying to use for the web.

RobotRock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've not heard about that one. It would be too small. I don't have perfect vision and viewing things close up with my glasses is uncomfortable. A six or seven inch screen would probably be much better for me. I could hold the device a little farther away and be comfortable.

Paperback novels are about the smallest things I can read comfortably for a long time. Watching movies on a six or seven inch screen would be OK. Five inches is just too small.

The iPod Touch is a wonderful device but there is too little information on that tiny screen to make it enjoyable for more than a few minutes. All of the scrolling around pages just makes it annoying to use for the web.

In that case, I recommend that you get the iPad :)

applecore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"I don't have perfect vision and viewing things close up with my glasses is uncomfortable. A six or seven inch screen would probably be much better for me. I could hold the device a little farther away and be comfortable."

I hear you here...I love the ipod touch but reading subtitles...(which I love) not so good, eh? Welcome.

Most reactions