What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monitor iPad Stand

SBDTHRU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not exactly the coolest way to put the iPad on a stand, but it gets the job done. Let me know what you think.

Materials:
- case I rarely use.
- Monitor stand from Dell monitor. (Bought a new stand that raises and lowers)
- Velcro Strips

Cost, well Free for me because I had everything. But if you have an old LCD monitor with a removable stand, it should be similar. The velcro was like 3 bucks.

If you were to buy everything now, a monitor stand ~$15. Any cheap hard plastic case $10-$20. Velcro $3. So about ~$33 bucks. Cheaper than most stands out there, and looks better than most.

It's really secure, I was worried at first but after using it for a while, I'm more confident. Works horizontally too, and I don't have to worry about having my iPad out of the case.

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2043.jpg

IMG_2044.jpg

IMG_2045.jpg

IMG_2046.jpg

zrb0529

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dude, pair that with a wireless keyboard (sure, would cost more...but woah) and you've got the future of personal computing!

OP
S

SBDTHRU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dude, pair that with a wireless keyboard (sure, would cost more...but woah) and you've got the future of personal computing!

Haha, way ahead of you. I've been using a Logitech keyboard lately since I need the number pad, so I've been using my wireless keyboard with the iPad.

OP
S

SBDTHRU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ended up selling the monitor that stand went with, so had to say bye.

I'm going to pick up one of These off of ebay. I'm going to see if I cant find a way to mount it securely without velcro, haha. The stand moves up and down, rotates (So I cant swap to potrait or landscape without taking it off the stand), and swivels.

MsAmandaLove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is pretty cool. I Never could make anything like it. The best chance of me getting one like it is to buy one already made.
I like to have a monitor stand for my ipad but..best buy wants About 60 bucks for one. Which I find freaking crazy but what do I know?

OP
S

SBDTHRU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New one is complete. A little more difficult than I anticipated, but it works.

Will post pictures soon.

OP
S

SBDTHRU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright crappy Gif. The stand needs some adjustments, or a lot. But it took a lot of work, at first, the stand wouldn't work because the iPad didn't weigh enough to offset the stands spring. So I jerry rigged some weight in a pain in the ass way, but it works (reason why it isn't centered in landscape).

Anyway here it is..

ipad-2.gif

PimSmit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe this can help prevent neckpains i experience since using the pad. Thanx! I'll get right to it!

riley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great job! As said before, get yourself a apple wifi keyboard and you will be sorted.

Most reactions

Latest posts