What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-Skid iPad Stand for $6

TopGear1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted an iPad stand I can use while flying and place on the tray table that doesn't skid. I have the Seskimo Crabble for my iPhone as it's super small and folds. Love it!

I found the following stand at Barnes & Noble for $5. It folds flat and the top wire bar is telescopic so you can raise it higher for portrait viewing or change your viewing angle. The nice part about this one is that it's wide and seems to be more stable than others I've seen.

One issue I found was that it slid around quite easily so I wrapped some non-skid tack tape on the four corners. Problem solved! $1.65 from Lowes if you need it.

Now I can bring along a compact iPad stand in my laptop bag and watch videos in the plane without the worry of my iPad tipping over.

Here's pics of it.
iPad Stand - Imgur

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted an iPad stand I can use while flying and place on the tray table that doesn't skid. I have the Seskimo Crabble for my iPhone as it's super small and folds. Love it!

I notice pilots have got a system where they are strapping the iPad to their leg above their knee. That way they can check all kinds of flight data on a large screen even as they approach an airport.

That might work for passengers too sitting in the rear.

Do a SEARCH to find it 'iPad leg mount' or some such...

Most reactions