What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MobileMe won't sync contacts

iDharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I signed up for the free trial of MobileMe (hereafter "MM"), and installed all the appropriate software onto my Vista PC (boo, I know), logged into MM on my iPhone 3G (running iOS4) and iPad 16GB wifi, then set both devices to autosync with MM.

Nothing's happened :mad: except that the dumb thing duplicated the 3 contacts I'd added to the iPad. Am I an idiot? Has anyone else had issues with MM syncing using similar platforms.

My objective is to get all the contacts on my iPhone to be synced to my iPad. That's all I want to do.

Any hints or insights would be much appreciated.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Use Google to sync your contacts. Much better sync (and free too). I have it set up with my iPhone and when I got my iPad, all I did was set up the Google account on my iPad and my contacts propagated in.

Edit: Oh and once you set up the sync, no matter where you add/edit/delete a contact (whether mail.google.com, your iPhone, or iPad), it will propagate to all three places. Just like how a sync is supposed to work. :)

Last edited:
OP
iDharma

iDharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip :)

I just discovered that somehow, magically, my iPad has now synced with my iPhone contacts—three days after installing the software & commencing the sync process. That wa not the case when i checked this morning. Better late than never. Grrr. I am definitely not sold on the MM service.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Thanks for the tip :)

I just discovered that somehow, magically, my iPad has now synced with my iPhone contacts—three days after installing the software & commencing the sync process. That wa not the case when i checked this morning. Better late than never. Grrr. I am definitely not sold on the MM service.

Only real value in mobile me is the Find My iPhone feature. Make sure its on so that you can track your iPad down if it ever gets lost or stolen.

Most reactions