What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MM Idisk

Larryfgraver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hay iPad people how do I send photos that I have on my iPad to iDisk MM? I have a MM account now but only use it to sync my iPhone, iPad and Pc. Thanks for any help, can't seem to get use to apples way of doing things.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can send photos to MobileMe galleries directly from the Photos app, but the galleries must already be created. You do that in iPhoto on a Mac, or on the me.com site (which must be visited from a desktop computer to work)

To sent the photo to an existing gallery view the photo (not the thumbnail) in the Photos app, tap the share icon at the top right of the screen and choose Send to Mobile Me, add title, description, and select the gallery from the list, then tap Publish.

You can view your galleries on the iPad by downloading The Gallery app from the App Store.

Any other method is a two step process.

The one I'm most familiar with uses GoodReader. I'll go through a way to create an entire folder of pictures on iDisk, since that is more complicated than just uploading a single picture.

In GoodReader go to the Connect to Servers option in the right column and chose Add, select MobileMe iDisk from the list and enter your username and password for that account.

On the left, navigate to whatever fold or subfolder you would like to create the new picture folder in. Select Manage Files from the right column and use New Folder to create a folder. Tap done.

Open the new folder. Choose the camera icon from the bottom of the right column. Navigate through the various albums and tap on each picture you want to add. Each picture taped on will be immediately added to the folder. Tap anywhere else on the screen when done, you'll get a pop up notice about added files.

Choose Connect to Server from the right column, and select the iDisk icon.

Navigate to the folder on iDisk that you want to place the new picture folder in. You can navigate the folder structure by using the button at the top left to go back and the arrow to the right of the folder to go to subfolders or files. If you are at the root folder there will be no back button at the top.

At the bottom of the pop up file list tap on the Upload button. Navigate to the folder you put the pictures in and select it by taping on the circle to the left of the folder icon.

With the folder, folders, and/or files you want selected, tap the Upload button at the bottom.

Done.

After the upload is finished you can either leave the folder in GoodReader for use later, or delete it using the Mange Files tool in the right column.

Note: Don't try to add photos to the Gallery this way. Besides being deeply buried in the files structure it is not a simple folder of pictures. Galleries are more like web pages and have several files associated with each picture.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just realized that this looks like a lot more than two steps. Two steps refers to first copying the pictures into GoodReader, then uploading them to iDisk.

Most reactions

Latest posts