What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Albums - Moving to PC and Off iPad

InspectHerGadget

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do PC work and I was helping a friend move pictures off her iPad 2 with 16G RAM (and no space left).

I ended up using the Photo App on Windows 10 to import them into YYYY-MM folders, all 5000 photos. I then deleted them off the iPad in Windows File Explorer.

This did the job but I keep hoping that there is a better way including a way to keep the photos organised in their albums once moved onto the PC.

I still find OneDrive, for myself, the preferred way to store photos from my iPhone and iPad Pro which I have. I don't use or create Albums on my Apple Devices. I also use Windows 10 as I find OS X too restrictive in terms of software I can use on it.

OP
I

InspectHerGadget

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I have to assume, in light of no replies, that the worlds richest company, chooses not to make this easy.

I suspect they want to make it difficult in order to flog device storage and iCloud storage at inflated prices.

Maybe it is time Apple woke up to the fact that these predatory practices mean people simply won't use some of the features on their products. Most of the world still use a PC as their main computer and that isnt going to change anytime soon.

If Apple want to encourage the use of the iPad for editing photos and creating albums they need to provide tools for archiving to a PC.

Here in Australia, it costs $14.99 monthly for 1TB of iCloud.

Compare this to $9.99 monthly for a Microsoft subscription for Office Personal including 1TB of Onedrive storage!

Most reactions

Latest posts