What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

missing photo albums or titles

Olderthandirt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using an ipad 1 with the os ver 5. Last evening I was viewing photos and after finishing with an album I closed it and the album disappeared. There was a placeholder, but no album or album title. I rebooted and began viewing albums again. This time the album title appears after closing the album but there is no album cover. I can open the album and view the photos at this point, but am skeptical about the stability of this function in the future. Any thoughts? Does it have anything to do with the photo stream, which I do have enabled? All of my photos are on my PC and an additional backup so there is no crisis, just an annoyance. Thank you.

DeaflyBlind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm wondering if there has been any luck narrowing down the cause of this.

The same thing is happening for me (iPad 1 3G/iOS5.01) - when I close an album the cover disappears so I'm just left with the album title and blank space above it.

Strangely though, it only seems to happen in landscape view and only with the albums in certain positions. For instance only the last album in the first row and the last two albums in the second row present this issue. The other albums can be opened and closed without the vanishing act.

If I switch from album to photo view and back to album view the covers will reappear and perform as normal from then on. Similarly when I hit the edit button then done, the covers will reappear the next time you close the album and will no longer disappear. They also instantly reappear if I drag them to a new position or drag another album across the top of the vanished one.

I also found that while the cover is missing if there is any change to the position of the album (e.g. through indirect reordering or a switch from landscape to portrait view) the title will disappear as well and all I have is a black space where it should be - and in this state the album is unable to be selected for opening, moving, or deletion.

Any insight to this would be appreciated. As the OP said, it's mainly just an annoyance but I'd like to know if it's something I can fix or not. I can't seem to find any other mention of this issue elsewhere.

Most reactions