What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing one day each year in the Calendar

Rufels

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a new mini iPad. I see that in the "Week View", Sunday 30 March 2014 is not visible.
Similarly Sunday 29 March 2015; Sunday 27 March 2016; Sunday 26 March 2017; etc etc
The Apple "chat" people got me to backup and re-install the iOS sofware to no avail. We even tried altering various settings.
It seems to be only one day in the 365, and always the last Sunday in March.
Has anyone else noticed this problem? And are there any suggestions in correcting this phenomenon?
I AM able to see that Sunday only in the "Day View".
Ruth

Attachments

• IMG_0105.PNG
    IMG_0105.PNG
    64.8 KB · Views: 279

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a new mini iPad. I see that in the "Week View", Sunday 30 March 2014 is not visible.
Similarly Sunday 29 March 2015; Sunday 27 March 2016; Sunday 26 March 2017; etc etc
The Apple "chat" people got me to backup and re-install the iOS sofware to no avail. We even tried altering various settings.
It seems to be only one day in the 365, and always the last Sunday in March.
Has anyone else noticed this problem? And are there any suggestions in correcting this phenomenon?
I AM able to see that Sunday only in the "Day View".
Ruth

Hi Rufels and welcome to the forum. That seems to be a problem with the Calendar app that rears its head now and again. You might like to check if you have an all day event for April 1st. Change the event from an all day one to say a particular hour or just delete it. That has been known to fix the problem. Any good?
Andrew

Sent from OZ using Tapatalk

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a new mini iPad. I see that in the "Week View", Sunday 30 March 2014 is not visible. Similarly Sunday 29 March 2015; Sunday 27 March 2016; Sunday 26 March 2017; etc etc The Apple "chat" people got me to backup and re-install the iOS sofware to no avail. We even tried altering various settings. It seems to be only one day in the 365, and always the last Sunday in March. Has anyone else noticed this problem? And are there any suggestions in correcting this phenomenon? I AM able to see that Sunday only in the "Day View". Ruth

Hi, welcome to iPF!

Sunday, March 30, appears on both my iPads in week view, so do all the last Sundays in March until 2020, so I don't face this problem.
I have no other suggestions for you than the usual fixes: resetting, restarting and force closing apps. Sorry if you've already done that!

Here's how to perform these:
Restart: turn off your iPad, wait for a few minutes, turn it on again.
Force close apps in iOS 7: double tap Home button or four/five finger slide to show the multitask bar. Slide the thumbnails (pictures) above the app icons toward the top of the screen.
Reset: press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Release both and let the iPad power up on it's own.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Rufels and welcome to the forum. That seems to be a problem with the Calendar app that rears its head now and again. You might like to check if you have an all day event for April 1st. Change the event from an all day one to say a particular hour or just delete it. That has been known to fix the problem. Any good?
Andrew

Ah, the April 1st bug. I forgot about that. You'd think they would have fixed that with iOS 7. *sigh*

Though, if it's only showing up in week view something has changed.

And yes, that's a real bug. We're not playing an early April Fools joke; though one wonders if some Apple engineer isn't snickering at his (hopefully) soon to be empty desk.

Edit: Looking at the OP's screen shot, it does not look like there are any All Day appointments for the 1st. So it's probably something else.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, the April 1st bug. I forgot about that. You'd think they would have fixed that with iOS 7. *sigh* And yes, that's a real bug. We're not playing an early April Fools joke; though one wonders if some Apple engineer isn't snickering at his (hopefully) soon to be empty desk.
It was different last year. The app crashed when trying to view March 2013. The day wasn't missing, afaik. April 1 was Easter Monday.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
........Looking at the OP's screen shot, it does not look like there are any All Day appointments for the 1st. So it's probably something else.
Oops, that screen shot went over my head by this >< much...no all day appointments there of course. It's just surprising that the bug still shows up in iOS 7.0.4 when we were talking about it in iOS 6xx. Surely Apple must know about it. You may be right tp, about that April Tomfoolery;)
Andrew

OP
R

Rufels

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks - did not work.

Thanks for the suggestion - but I do not have anything on 1 April. In any case, this feature happens in every year . . .

OP
R

Rufels

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

Sunday, March 30, appears on both my iPads in week view, so do all the last Sundays in March until 2020, so I don't face this problem.
I have no other suggestions for you than the usual fixes: resetting, restarting and force closing apps. Sorry if you've already done that!

Here's how to perform these:
Restart: turn off your iPad, wait for a few minutes, turn it on again.
Force close apps in iOS 7: double tap Home button or four/five finger slide to show the multitask bar. Slide the thumbnails (pictures) above the app icons toward the top of the screen.
Reset: press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Release both and let the iPad power up on it's own.

Thanks, I tried all this and Apple Chat talked me through reloading the IOS. They then gave up on me !!!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
; === As I said elsewhere, Yes - Apple Chat talked me through completely wiping my new Mini iPad and reinstalling the IOS. They gave up on me.
Usually erasing everything and rebooting afterwards should help.
At the moment I can't think of anything else you could do. Until now I've not seen another member posting a similar problem, so yours is "unique".

I take it that your calendars is set to start the week on Thursday.
Did you already create an event for March 30th this year, or are you subscribed to a calendar which should have an entry on this date? The day is missing only in week view, but visible when you look at the year, month or day?

Last edited:
OP
R

Rufels

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks JA - my Calendar week starts on Monday. I had a few entries for March 30 - entered them onto my iMac and expected them to transfer at synchronization. I am able to see these entries in Day View. In the Year view that day does appear. Ruth

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your screenshot shows Thursday as first day of the week. If it's set to Monday, it should look like this:

image-3936841007.jpg

I wonder what else isn't working as it should.

I see that it's a new iPad. If possible take it to the next Apple store, let it check there. If it's not possible to solve the issue, you might get a replacement there.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts