What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

microsoft office

mikedk64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello ..
it is possible to get microsoft office on your ipad?

So Word and Exel?

and if it is not possible, can you get other programs similar to it and can talk with office?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of our members carried out a survey of Office apps for his company; you can see his conclusions in this thread...

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/22431-hi-all.html

Another comparison was undertaken here....

http://www.ipadforums.net/iwork-forum/36629-office-app-comparison.html

The Apple iWorks Office suite for the iPad has a set of useful Help pages that show their capabilities here...

Pages is Word compatible and can read .doc and .docx files and save in .doc and .pdf

Keynote is PowerPoint compatible and can read .ppt and .pptx files and save in .ppt and .pdf

Numbers is Excel compatible and can read .xls and .xlsx files and save in .xls and .pdf

Apple - Support - iOS Apps - Welcome

Tim

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love Office2 HD. I've had it for over a year and have seen regular upgrades, great support and can recommend it highly (as I have to friends). I love its integration with Dropbox but would like syncing for doc and xls changes. They tell me this is planned so then it will be everything I need. I also have Pages but did not buy Numbers as there is no organization, no Dropbox integration. I looked at a number of others in the beginning and since. There are some other very good ones but I haven't found a reason to switch, so I can only tell you that it functions very well for me. Adding Goodreader with it makes a great production duo.

Diane B

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hello ..
it is possible to get microsoft office on your ipad?

So Word and Exel?

and if it is not possible, can you get other programs similar to it and can talk with office?

Yes, most definitely. Rather, after a fashion. No, in other words or yes, if you are willing to sacrifice something. Or possible if Microsoft creates an iPad version which will be just like Pages, Numbers, and Keynote for the most part and with a limited number of features. Office is not available on your iPad, but you can use a remote desktop program to connect to your PC or Mac. Or use one of those services (something Citrix comes to mind or I am wrong about the name) that gives you access to a web version of Office applications. I tried one and it was not a good idea because I like to work when there is no WiFi.

The solution is Pages, Keynote and Numbers. Or not, if you use one of the other Office-Like applications. They are limited in what you can do, but all you really need in most cases. I find Pages to be a great word processor.

Perhaps you can tell us what features you are looking for?

Most reactions