What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft Office for the iPad

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
mac-office-2011.jpg

T3 reports that Microsoft Senior Product Manager Mike Tedesco revealed during the Office for Mac 2011 preview event at Macworld that the company is "looking at" the possibility of bringing its Office productivity suite to Apple's iPad tablet device.

"Yeah, it's something that we're looking at," said Microsoft's Mike Tedesco, who is the Senior Product Manager for WindowsBU. "Obviously the announcement (of the iPad) is really fresh and there's nothing to announce or nothing that I can talk to you about today."​

{Source: Macrumors.com}

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hah! I love how he called it the "Apples iPad Tablet device" like hey My Mother by Nature and Nurture, Mommy. Call it what it is, what are you afraid of Microsoft?! :comingsoon:

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He's still a geek and uncomforable with saying "pad" in the same context as technologly. (snark)

Realsitically it could be an attempt avoid Apples attempt to name this catagory of device in the non-tech publics mind.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
He's still a geek and uncomforable with saying "pad" in the same context as technologly. (snark)

Realsitically it could be an attempt avoid Apples attempt to name this catagory of device in the non-tech publics mind.

original

I just installed this on my mack book pro. I lost word and needed to get it back. Cool that you can use it here.

rob the elder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hah! I love how he called it the "Apples iPad Tablet device" like hey My Mother by Nature and Nurture, Mommy. Call it what it is, what are you afraid of Microsoft?! :comingsoon:

I dont understand your comment.

The guy has not seen the device and is being asked if he is going to port a bunch of very complex and some would say inefficient code to it?

1) is it technically feasible?

2) is there a market for it? Its a new device catagory and a lot of people who make a living reviewing and using existing devices are saying that there is not a "killer ap" or even clearly defined market niche for the IPAD, it has yet to be defined.

3) How about a little love for poor microsoft? I mean they have a place in the world of computing and have been successful at it for decades. LOL

Can't we all just get along . . ..

And I have to say the chosen name really sucks pond scum, just my opinion but I mean come on! My first reaction when I saw the official announcement was - they have to be kidding. Then I remembered the 101 fruit gum company came out of California too.

Most reactions

Latest posts