What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft CEO, a good sport :)

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While on a visit to Trevecca Nazarene University in Nashville, Tenn., this week, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer put his John Hancock on a MacBook Pro, and the event was captured on video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwzklHZqkbE"]YouTube - Mr. Ballmer, would you sign my mac?[/ame]

Haha, at least he was a good sport about it!

ballmer-100122.png

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know why people get so amazed at Ballmer signing an apple laptop. It's not like Microsoft doesn't have Office out for it or a number of other apps ;)

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
true, although can you image Steve Jobs signing a zune? :)

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Eh, i wouldnt like someone signing on my computer. I like to keep it nice and clean. But, maybe like on the bottom of my computer wouldnt hurt. I believe i have the same one as the person had in the video. Was it a MacBookPro because thats mine.

new2u

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yeah that would be a sight for sore eyes right there.

Though yeah, i mean they make enough money from mac users anyways with office. And the new office 2010 will be out soon, so even more money for them.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Yeah that would be a sight for sore eyes right there.

Though yeah, i mean they make enough money from mac users anyways with office. And the new office 2010 will be out soon, so even more money for them.

And less money for us. See how that works?

Varking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That indeed was pretty cool of him. Autographs are just neat regardless of who are why. I mean, I have seen sports stars and movie stars sign guitars, which have nothing to do with them.

kbregnar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you anything about Steven Ballmer, you would know he loves competition. Yes, he wants to win, but he relishes a good fight. MSFT is in this space too. Did you miss the announcements at CES? CES: HP Slate preempts Apple Tablet, Sony gives up, and more - Computerworld Blogs

He doesn't hate the iPhone, he just hates the fact that the leadership that was in charge of the SmartPhone lost their mojo and failed to innovate. There is no doubt that MSFT is going to compete in this space with Apple. The question is will either company be successful in changing the behavior of users today? I am not sold yet. I think if the platforms that come out come with A LOT MORE STUFF, i may be compelled, but if I had to chose today, I would chose the HP running Win7 than this underpowered, overprices paperweight.

iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to see its not a total war in the industry :)

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love competition in the tech industry.. the end user always wins :)

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How could we talk about Ballmer without this famous clip..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvsboPUjrGc]YouTube - Steve Ballmer going crazy[/ame]

Most reactions

Latest posts