What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New list shows 24 versions of the iPad mini to be released on the 23rd of October

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
ipad-models-lsit.png

Reports have been getting numerous about the devices Apple is actually going to launch on the 23rd October event. First, it was just the iPad mini, then the 13-inch MacBook Pro was added to the list. Last but not least, came a Mac mini version and now 9to5mac.com has received a list which apparently shows more than 24 versions of the mini tablet which are going to be released.

The list reveals four distinct models named P101, P103, P105 and P107. Each of the four is then tagged as “Goodâ€, “Better†or “Best†which might indicate their overall storage capacity. Also, each model is also described by “A†or “B†which is believed to indicate color – probably black and white. The models will probably also sport a WiFi and WiFi+3G variants.
Another compelling theory is that at least two of the model presented in the list could be updated versions of the iPad 3 which was rumored a while ago. If so, the devices would have to include Apple’s new Lightning connector, which can be found currently in the iPhone 5.

The list doesn’t indicate anything price wise, but the rumor mill places cost starting at around $199 for the 8GB WiFi version.
On the other hand, Microsoft is getting ready for a roll out of its own. On October 26th Windows 8 will finally hit the store alongside the brand new Surface tablet. Prices for it will start at $499.

By Radu

Source - Apple to launch 24 new iPad models, comprised of iPad minis and perhaps Lightning iPad 3 | 9to5Mac

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Amazing....I was thinking (a few weeks ago) that they would just add a single "mini" but they obviously have decided to go "whole hog" on this! if that $200 price for the base model holds up, this will be killer.

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Amazing....I was thinking (a few weeks ago) that they would just add a single "mini" but they obviously have decided to go "whole hog" on this! if that $200 price for the base model holds up, this will be killer.

Hi AQ_OC,
At $200.00 even I may be convinced to acquire the mini. But I actually still believe that the current new iPad 3 is plenty of screen and yet small enough to pack along if needed. I rarely take my new iPad 3 out of doors, other than, as I previously mentioned, to fly my AR Drone 2.0.

It would be nice if you could see the screen on those bright sunny days.
Perhaps there will be an update for outdoor screen viewing, someday...

Chas

warpdag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Given that the new iPod touch comes in 6 colors, and 2 memory configs, I'm pretty sure they will do the same for iPad Mini. Coincidentally, you would also end up with 24 configs:
2 (cellular configs) x 2 (memory configs) x 6 (color configs) = 24.

warpdag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, $199 for entry level is hard to believe, would be cheaper than iPod touch!

danielgfreeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Given that the new iPod touch comes in 6 colors, and 2 memory configs, I'm pretty sure they will do the same for iPad Mini. Coincidentally, you would also end up with 24 configs:
2 (cellular configs) x 2 (memory configs) x 6 (color configs) = 24.

Agreed.
I think the color scheme of the press invite is a good indicator of 6 color options.

Most reactions

Latest posts