What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft Bashes iPad Again With New Surface Video

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

AppleInsider reports that Microsoft has just released another video bashing Apple’s iPad and comparing it unfavourably with Microsoft's Surface RT tablet. This is the second such video this week, with the first focusing on Siri, and this one showing the two tablets in a side-by-side comparison, with the Surface coming out more favourably, you won't be surprised to hear! For example, the ad shows that the Surface RT has a bigger display panel, and a 16:9 aspect ratio, in comparison to the iPad’s 4:3 aspect ratio, but, as AppleInsider points out, it neglects to mention that the iPad’s resolution is superior to that of the Surface RT. The video also highlights the fact that the Surface RT has a built-in kickstand and attachable keyboard, unlike the iPad, although the Surface RT’s keyboard is sold separately, and costs $100, with the price not being mentioned in the ad. As far as software is concerned, Microsoft highlights the fact that the Surface RT comes pre-loaded with Microsoft Office (a factor which leads many to think that the iPad will never get its own version of Office, with this being one of the Surface tab's main selling point). Among other comparisons in the video are the price, with the Surface RT being cheaper, of course, and the fact that the Microsoft tablet has a USB port, which the iPad does not have.

Source: Microsoft rehashes old arguments in latest anti-iPad Surface ad

Last edited by a moderator:

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dear Microsoft,
Do you not have the common sense to stop wasting resources in a doomed product?

Wowsers!

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can't blame them for trying though :D It's like that one guy that keeps trying to ask that special girl out and keeps getting dumped!

Ipad Now

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have to admit the ones with Siri are pretty funny. I lol every time.

Last edited by a moderator:

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can't blame them for trying though :D It's like that one guy that keeps trying to ask that special girl out and keeps getting dumped!

Yep, and many of us have been there too. :D.

MS should just concentrate on the things that they do well and run with that. Enterprise software and systems. Office. Maybe even desktops and laptops. It should be quite obvious that their foray into tablets is about five years too late and that their tablet offerings are putrid. I've been forced to use some of these things at work to test our software and every time I do I'm more irritated than when I test on other devices and platforms. Every time.

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe with the money wasted on their commercials bashing apple, they should actually improve their products. It might actually help. Same goes for Samsung.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe with the money wasted on their commercials bashing apple, they should actually improve their products. It might actually help. Same goes for Samsung.

I wouldn't say Samsung is in the same boat as Microsoft. Samsung is doing fine and their products have a huge fan base. If anything, it is Samsung that is leading the charge the days and apple is the one that has to get it going again.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
"Haters gonna hate..." LMAO!!!

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

Brontesmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MS is going out of mind and have left nopthing except bashing the iPad just to mislead that Surface is better than iPad.. would it help in growing the sell of its manufactured more than demend tabs

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like how it says 'limited price' for the surface but then it goes back to being over-priced than the iPad, leaving the only option which is not to buy it.

PadMatress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually have the Surface RT, for business productivity (office 2013 RT) it's great for that, but apart from that it fails in the "consumption" value that its supposedly got. I do have audible on there for listening to audio books a couple of other entertainment aps, but I do prefer my Ipad Mini for entertainment consumption. :)

These ads were cute in the beginning, but they no longer are.

LOL

Most reactions

Latest posts