What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft Slashes Surface RT Pricing to Compete with iPad Mini

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Microsoft-Surface-RT.jpg
Microsoft's Surface RT tablets haven't been doing so hot on the market, selling only 1.5 million units since launch back in October. The company has now slashed prices by $150 for both capacity 10.6-inch Surface RT tablets, making the 32GB $349 and the 64GB $449.

While the Surface RT is now only $20 more than Apple's iPad Mini, starting out at the same price as the iPad 4th generation, this doesn't mean that it's the best time to jump on this deal. Microsoft is expected to release a second generation of the Surface RT in the fall. Rumors claim that Microsoft will also be releasing smaller sizes of its flagship tablet.

Source: Microsoft slashes Surface RT prices by $150 as it flounders against Apple's iPad

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't think it will help much. Some businesses will buy them due to reliance on MS Office but that's it. We have a few at work that I have to test our software on and I use it with a windows 7 shell installed over the top which makes it work like a windows 7 system. It's MUCH better this way. I just can't get into these windows tablets. Sorry MS.

Justin_Hebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
iPad4Life.net
The thing I find the most ridiculous is the price of the native keyboard. $130? Really? Throw that in free with the tablet, slash the Surface Pro to $600 and then maybe MS will have a chance to get back the market share it has lost to four years of businesses integrating iPads.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The thing I find the most ridiculous is the price of the native keyboard. $130? Really? Throw that in free with the tablet, slash the Surface Pro to $600 and then maybe MS will have a chance to get back the market share it has lost to four years of businesses integrating iPads.

That might help but they are seemingly so far out of it that it may simply be too late. Plus, no matter what they do wit the keyboard, it can't help the obnoxious OS that they use on their tablets. Windows RT and windows 8 just don't cut it. Bleh.

Most reactions

Latest posts