What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Micro-SD

imatt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard the 3g model will have the Micro-SD card slot. Is this the same Micro-SD slot that is in my Nokia E71?

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't see anything in there about Micro-SD there.

The Camera Connection Kit has an SD slot, but that's got nothing to do with the 3G model.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I heard the 3g model will have the Micro-SD card slot. Is this the same Micro-SD slot that is in my Nokia E71?

It like one of the camera ones from niko. But it has a whole lot of more memory.

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
Yes! The camera connector made for SD should be able to read a micro SD in a proper SD size adapter, I dont see why not! If you dont mind the connector box hanging on to the edge, theres another 16gb to back up pics on, as I dont think it will show up as an external drive! More likely is that it will only communicate directly to the Photos app on the iPad to upload pics.

:)

WishBone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you are confusing a micro Sim card and a micro SD card. I'm pretty sure the iPad with 3G will be using the Micro Sim card to keep people from swapping their phone's sim card into the iPad.

I suspect they'll offer a dongle for an SD card option on the iPad, but it seems nuts that they did not build one in to the darn thing.

Ronanb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if the SD slot in the camera attachment can be used for files other than photos.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to the specs it has a micro-sim slot - which is where the cellular card is connected. This is not memory.

Most reactions

Latest posts