What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mic not working how to set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This might help...

Press and hold the Power button until the 'slider control' appears. Then accept the 'offer' to switch off. Wait until the iPad has completely powered down and the screen has gone completely blank. Now press the Power button again and wait until the iPad powers up.

This cures many problems...

Tim

OP
S

sarares

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
This might help...

Press and hold the Power button until the 'slider control' appears. Then accept the 'offer' to switch off. Wait until the iPad has completely powered down and the screen has gone completely blank. Now press the Power button again and wait until the iPad powers up.

This cures many problems...

Tim

Thanks Tim,
Unfortunately this does not help me and I think something wrong on my mic/mic settings

Veritas4420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does you're mic not work in one specific app or is it not working in several apps? If it's just one try and download 1 or 2 free recording apps and see if you have the same problem.

OP
S

sarares

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Veritas4420 said:
Does you're mic not work in one specific app or is it not working in several apps? If it's just one try and download 1 or 2 free recording apps and see if you have the same problem.

Thanks!
It does not in all applications not sure what should do!
Thanks for your advice in advance

Veritas4420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are close to an apple store call and set up a time to bring it in, if they cannot fix the problem they might just exchange it out for you.

Deewee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a similar problem, with the iPhone and latest iPad SKYPE apps.
There is NO way to alter the microphone recording level. Perhaps the OP has the same problem?

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this issue with my first ipad2. Brought it to the apple store and they replaced it.

screaminmoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone tell me where the mic is on a wifi ipad2?
Thanks and I hope all is well with everyone...

BP51715

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for those who try to help with this issue. My iPad microphone works with the Recorder application, but NOT with SKYPE, nor with Talking Tom the Cat (as far as I know). Note that it briefly worked with Skype when newly downloaded, then stopped working in the next log in. I deleted Skype and downloaded the latest version, same results: microphone worked with the test call, then later stopped working.

Please help.

giokspy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a problem with ipad2, a few days ago stopped working the microphone. I tried except the camera app and skype and sound record a program and only make noise but not works. To assume that it is harware problem?

musichman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Turn I Pad completely off....

What I did was turn the I Pad off and vacuumed the mike which is located in the center of the top of the unit. Worked great. But you must turn it off or static electricity may do harm.

Agent1191

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The earphone jack is also a mic jack, maybe there is not good contact in there between the contacts. I would run an earphone jack in and out a few times. It might help also

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts