What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microphone not working after ios update

Juske

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I currently updated my ipad 2 with the latest ios version, but it seems that since the update the microphone is not working anymore. We use it regularly with skype, but while testing it doesnt work at all. I tried already a hard reset without effect. I also tried with my iphone earphones with mic, but this is neither working. Does anyone has an idea what the problem is and how to fix this?

Thank you in advance.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, I currently updated my ipad 2 with the latest ios version, but it seems that since the update the microphone is not working anymore. We use it regularly with skype, but while testing it doesnt work at all. I tried already a hard reset without effect. I also tried with my iphone earphones with mic, but this is neither working. Does anyone has an idea what the problem is and how to fix this? Thank you in advance.
Hi, welcome to iPF!

When the new iOS is installed, Skype should have asked you if it may access your iPad microphone. If you declined, it won't work. Here's how and where to change this:
Go to Settings - Privacy - Microphone, open it, then enable Skype.

OP
J

Juske

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, really easy and it worked....! :thumbs:

Most reactions

Latest posts