What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Messenger bags for ipad2

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
<snip>

I only have one beef w/ Timbuk2. I really wanted to discuss if I should get the roller in small or medium and wanted an opin on what really fit in the overhead bin. 3 emails to the proper address (as I got a auto respond) and never an answer whatsoever. Email needs improvement, but nice stuff.

This is the co-pilot roller and commute messenger 2.0
Timbuk2 Bags - Timbuk2

Awesome reviews. When I'm in the market for new luggage, I'll have to check all that out.

My small messenger bag holds my iPad, a bunch of folders for work, and some obligatory work swag I give out during interviews. It works great.

I've never had a problem with Timbuk2's customer service. It bugs me that you did. I would have just called them. I did that when I had some questions that weren't immediately answered on their site. They were amazingly helpful over the phone.

I,too, have found that the old fashioned telephone is sometimes more effective than email. Many companies, I've discovered, put a much higher priority on answering their phones and providing customer satisfaction in a manner they're used to than to provide that same level of service in a medium that requires a somewhat different skill set.

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I,too, have found that the old fashioned telephone is sometimes more effective than email. Many companies, I've discovered, put a much higher priority on answering their phones and providing customer satisfaction in a manner they're used to than to provide that same level of service in a medium that requires a somewhat different skill set.

I just go with the mindset of "If I do it, they probably do, too." Since I tend to push emails aside and forget about them, I prefer to call companies up myself. :)

Glenn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I kept it outta the review but I too called after getting no where with the email system. The first time last week I got some cretin that just repeated the website info to me and sounded half-asleep.. The second call yesterday to Tim was really good and he was immensely helpful and answered all my questions immediately from his knowledge base,not reading some brochure. I was completely satisfied.

That being said, companies should not advertise on their site that email is a great way to get them if they are going to go unanswered.

From their site:
"Our service heroes answer all emails within one business day. Email them through one of the means below."

2 weeks and no reposnses here - so call em up!

Last edited:

Most reactions