What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merge cells

Zakblack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Can anyone tell me how to merge cells in numbers? I have text in one cell and want to merge into next cell.

Second if I can ask another.

Is there a work around to locking cells? I was already flabbergasted Pages had no landscape mode and then found no cell locking in numbers.

I have just converted to Mac at great expense. iMac, iPhone, iPad, apple tv.
But I have to keep firing up the PC for MS Office.
Is iWork meant to be an amateur application which would then answer my questions?
Any answers are greatly appreciated....Zak

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge there is no way to merge cells on the iPad version of Numbers.

You can get a similar effect by creating a shape with text in it and placing it on top of the table. With a little fiddling you can set up almost any kind of label or note you want this way.

You can only lock headers. Select the table, go the i icon, and choose the header tab. Here you can set the number of Header Rows, Columns, and Footers, and chose freeze (lock) lock them.

Unless you meant to lock the data so it can not be changed, in which case I'm afraid I don't know of any way to do that either.

http://help.apple.com/numbers/ipad/1.4/

Most reactions

Latest posts