What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Martha Stewart Cookie app is 705 MEG !!!! We are in trouble....

billb1950

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The apps hitting the store for the new retina display are HUGE files:

Martha Stewart Cookies 705 MEG
Real Racing 2 HD 444 MEG
Infinity Blade II 791 MEG

Yikes !

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
The two games are understandable as they are high quality games comparable to gaming consoles witch use discs that are 4GB an up.

The Martha Stewart app however sounds absurd.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As I've posted elsewhere, RR2HD is actually SMALLER by over 20MB after todays retina release, so don't assume apps are getting huge just because of the graphics... :)

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends on the graphics. I have the free Oregon Trail app and it is huge for such a basic app. TomTom is a outrageous 1.3 Gb pre-retina. I have several that are over 500 MB. Most are with large numbers of photos, like Beautiful Planet. Others are just written without thought for storage.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
InfinityBlade2 is showing 1.1GB on my iPhone 4S.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
People who plan to download a ton of apps, especially game and media apps really need to just get the 64gb. There are probably quite a few who will be ok with the 32gb but for $100 to go from 32 to 64, I figured that I would get most of that back on ebay next April anyway. I know that some people will be ok with the 16gb but there will be some people kicking themselves in the butt a couple weeks from now when they are showing less than a gig of free space!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope the iPad new doesn't set off a new thread in iOS bloatware. I mean, do we really need to see cookies in high def? They were fine as they were before. Now I feel I need 128GB to kept that "I'm getting low on space" feeling at bay.

Mikekan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that Real Racing 2 HD had has the same size as in the previous-nonretina-version.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What would be a very interesting thread of sorts would be for people to post today's stats and follow up with tomorrow's stats and say next month's stats as follows:

3/15 iPad 2 165 apps 4.35 gigs
3/16 New iPad 165 apps 6.10 gigs
5/01 New iPad 187 apps 8.49 gigs

To me this would be an interesting thread! But I sold me iPad 2 about 10 days ago so I can't really start it.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickeylittle said:
What would be a very interesting thread of sorts would be for people to post today's stats and follow up with tomorrow's stats and say next month's stats as follows:

3/15 iPad 2 165 apps 4.35 gigs
3/16 New iPad 165 apps 6.10 gigs
5/01 New iPad 187 apps 8.49 gigs

To me this would be an interesting thread! But I sold me iPad 2 about 10 days ago so I can't really start it.

Agreed, that would be very informative and useful info to have.

Most reactions

Latest posts