What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark->Flag in Mail app does not get synced to other email clients

opticnerve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I use the Mail app on the iPad, when I click Mark then Flag, this creates a flag. I use this a lot to remind myself to reply to emails or otherwise take action. The problem is that this action seemingly does not get synced or sent to the server in any way. So when I access my email using GMail.com or from my email client on my PC, the flag is not set on those messages.

Does anyone know if this is a known bug and/or how to correct it?

I am using a gmail account, connecting via Exchange. I thought about using IMAP instead, but I'm not sure if that will help (and I woudl lose push email, which would be sad).

If I use the GMail for iPad app, it works correctly. But I'm not a huge fan of that app -- it is slow and you can't get a full screen view of your email messages.

Thanks much!

tyzer007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. Also having this issue on both iPad and iPhone since upgrading to iOS 6.

Most reactions

Latest posts