What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maps keeps crashing

raymondmc9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I. Does anyone have the same problem as I am having. Recently the maps has been crashing. When I start it up you will see the map, then the screen will turn back, and then after about 20 seconds, it will display the lock screen. Sometimes after a few hours I can access it again, sometime it can take a day? Anyone have any solutions to rectify this? Thanks

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
raymondmc9 said:
I. Does anyone have the same problem as I am having. Recently the maps has been crashing. When I start it up you will see the map, then the screen will turn back, and then after about 20 seconds, it will display the lock screen. Sometimes after a few hours I can access it again, sometime it can take a day? Anyone have any solutions to rectify this? Thanks

Close background apps (maps specifically in your case).

Double press home button and task bar appears with recently used apps.

Long press any of them until it wobbles and displays a red minus sign.

Tap the red minus sign(s) to remove app from RAM

Tap home button to return to desktop

Test maps

OP
R

raymondmc9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your reply. I clear out the tray all the time as I know having lots of apps running affects the battery. On some occasion this does work, other times, I need to leave it alone and it works the next day, annoying to say the least! I have checked it again just then and is working again!

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
raymondmc9 said:
Hi, thanks for your reply. I clear out the tray all the time as I know having lots of apps running affects the battery. On some occasion this does work, other times, I need to leave it alone and it works the next day, annoying to say the least! I have checked it again just then and is working again!

Hmmm....consensus is its a problem with your contacts....

Try the below remedy (credit apple support forums)

pflaeging
Re: Maps.app crashing on iPad
Nov 12, 2010 8:18 AM (in response to kkpro)
I've got the same problem with crashes of the map app. My solution was very simple and fast. The problem seems to be problems with the contact list. So here's my solution!

1. Connect to iTunes
2. Sync your iPad
3. go to the Info Tab in your iTunes iPad Device part (don't know how to describe it better;-()
4. check the cross under Advanced: "Replace contacts on this iPad"
5. check "Apply"

After this everything is working for me.

(Sorry, I'm using my system in german, so maybe my backtranslations in english are not correct!)

:peter
iPad 32GB wifi+3G iOS 3.2.2
Like (0)

Most reactions

Latest posts