What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maps crashing

raymondmc9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone have the same problem as I am having. Recently the maps has been crashing. When I start it up you will see the map, then the screen will turn back, and then after about 20 seconds, it will display the lock screen. Sometimes after a few hours I can access it again, sometime it can take a day? Anyone have any solutions to rectify this? Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Raymond.... - welcome to the forum! :)

My first suggestion would be to 'Force Close' the Maps app, i.e. double tap the Home button which will open the multitask bar at the bottom of the screen; find the app's icon, then press & hold until all begin to jiggle; close the app by pressing the 'minus sign' - return to the home screen and try again.

If not successful, the 'Restart' and if ineffective 'Reset' the iPad - directions HERE, if needed.

Good luck and please post back your results, please - might help others!

OP
R

raymondmc9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.

Maps still doing this every now and again. Does resetting or rebooting scrub app games progress? Would a factory reset fix the issue? Wi-wi is always strong though. Does apple help you with this if I was to go to an apple store, which is in Glasgow for me.

Thanks

Most reactions