What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Malteses fonts

fcj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New IPad 3 out in a few days! I just got my IPad 2 for Christmas. When are we going to have available Maltese fonts on the IPad. This is my only dissapointment in working with IPad. I find it handy but unfortunately I can never use it to write document in my own language. Is it possible to have an update of Maltese fonts keyboards?:D

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a workaround for you. I have searched high and low for an international keyboard for Maltese characters and this is the best I can come up with.

The letters you are looking for are ż, Ċ, Ħ, and Ġ, in upper and lower case.

The only way I have found to type them is to add them as keyboard shortcuts, in Settings/General/Keyboard. Find a website that contains the characters you are looking for and add them to shortcuts, then give the shortcut a memorable name; example zdot for ż.

See the attached picture for more detail.

image-2431783433.jpg

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts