What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Make Movies on Your iPad With Avid Studio

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
Avid.JPG

Avid Studio is the first video editing app for the iPad to come from digital audio and video tech company Avid, and it looks like they might have found a gap in the market, as within a couple of days of its release the critically acclaimed app is already in the iPad Paid App Top Ten. Using its experience earned through decades of working with the world’s leading movie and television studios, Avid has designed its app to be easy enough for novices to use, yet sophisticated enough that more advanced editors will still be happy to use it as well. Avid Studio is the first iPad app for video editing to offer frame-by-frame editing accuracy and access to different types of media, enabling users to quickly and easily create and share highly professional multimedia experiences wherever they want to.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The app gets you started by providing access to any videos, photos and audio already in your iPad library, or media that can be imported from iTunes, as well as cameras and much more. You can then arrange clips in the Storyboard, make precision edits using the Timeline, and enhance your movies with high-quality transitions, effects and a soundtrack. Movies can then be shared directly with YouTube, Facebook and more, or exported to Avid Studio software, where you can continue your editing with even more advanced tools on your PC. The app comes with an easy-to-use guide to get you started. [/FONT]

“More and more users are relying on mobile devices for media content creation, viewing and sharing, and we’re proud to deliver a feature-rich new app that takes powerful Avid technology and adapts it specifically for the iPad. Now video editors have a great, powerful and fun way to create movies and tell their stories,†said Tanguy Leborgne, vice president, creative enthusiasts’ products and solutions at Avid. “Editing enthusiasts can now use a mobile application that has our industry-leading video editing technology built into it—with the interactive capabilities of iOS—to help them make incredible movies at home or on the go.â€

[FONT=&amp]You can click here to download the app for a limited time only price of $4.99: Avid Studio for iPad on the iTunes App Store[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source: Avid[/FONT]

VR41541

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does it do what Adobe Premire 8-9 does? If so this will make me a very happy person.

FileSpnr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's good. It has some things imovie doesnt. I use a combination of avid, splice, tiltshift, and imovie.

Major_Rawles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just got Avid Studio for iPad. I work in TV and want to sift thru my rushes and work stuff out. Yesterday after completing my first edit using it, I tried to save it to "video file".... but it kept telling me there was an error. Oh dear. However, trying it again just now and it is "Preparing Media" and "Writing Movie". And it goes on and on. I celected the smallest file size. Anyone spot any great clunking mistakes on my part please yell. I made no transitions, or added text, just straightforwaard cutting.

Major_Rawles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
an update.... it's still saving! It stopped and then started again. Surely this is wrong???

Major_Rawles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
... yup as feared.... I got an error message after about 2 hours of looking at "Preparing Media" and "Writing Movie".

Most reactions

Latest posts